$1,000 a month for those "most likely to shoot someone!"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In addition to $500 a month "basic stipend," Stockton's Mayor wants to give "those most likely to shoot someone" a $1,000 a month stipend and send them to counseling!! Unbelievable!!

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/california-city-first-to-offer-a-universal-basic-income/

Excerpt: "Stockton is about to award stipends of up to $1,000 a month to residents deemed most likely to shoot somebody. This program is called Advance Peace, and it’s modeled after a crime reduction program in the Bay Area city of Richmond. The idea is that a small number of people are responsible for a large percentage of violence, and offering them an alternative path — with counseling and case management over an 18-month period, along with a stipend if they stay the course — can be a good investment all around."

Great! If it works, but people who do these things do not seek help or there would be no need for Advance Pease.
As long as it dose not step on the 1st & 2nd A, go for it
.Take the money out of welfare.

And this is determined how?

What you post on forums such as this one? The fact you have an unregistered gun? Because you have a registered gun? Because you conceal carry? Because you are a law abiding citizen exercising your constitutional right to own a gun? You have one of those scary black guns?

Another stupid idea from a liberal window licker.

Downside of this is you have to live in Stockton, no way is that worth 12K a year :p

You got that right. I did some consulting work for the Stockton school district before they went belly up and I warned them then they were screwed up, in nicer terms of course. I really disliked the 9 months I spent there. I enjoyed the money but not enough to renew the contract.

Latest posts

Back