$1.5 Million "Doomsday Condos" selling out...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
Now the wealthy are snapping up $1.5 million "doomsday condos" like they were M & M's.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/million-luxury-doomsday-condos-selling-out

Common-Room-3.jpg

Unit-11-3.jpg

Unit-8-11.jpg

9-New-Steel.jpg

For 1.5 I think I could do better. I wonder if these buyers know anything about prepping or if they just throw cash at any problem and trust the builder to know what he is doing.

For 1.5 I think I could do better. I wonder if these buyers know anything about prepping or if they just throw cash at any problem and trust the builder to know what he is doing.

I'm betting on your scenario. They throw money at everything. Don't matter if they have any understanding or not.

They started hawking these things before the Mayan Apocalypse. There was a Doomsday (fill in the blank) TV show on every night. I always thought these people had more money than good sense. The locations are always a well guarded secret, but every indication is they are in the middle of nowhere. I would really like to see the plan for how they intend to get there if SHTF. Do they think they are going to get beamed aboard? I guess if it is TEOTWAWKI all the money in the world won't do you any good, so you might as well have a place.

IMHO these are nothing more than underground apartment buildings. I would love to see the psychological studies about people living together in close proximity. Now let's factor in NEVER being able to get away from each other. If you want to bet the over/under on when someone will get murdered I'm taking the under.

They started hawking these things before the Mayan Apocalypse. There was a Doomsday (fill in the blank) TV show on every night. I always thought these people had more money than good sense. The locations are always a well guarded secret, but every indication is they are in the middle of nowhere. I would really like to see the plan for how they intend to get there if SHTF. Do they think they are going to get beamed aboard? I guess if it is TEOTWAWKI all the money in the world won't do you any good, so you might as well have a place.

IMHO these are nothing more than underground apartment buildings. I would love to see the psychological studies about people living together in close proximity. Now let's factor in NEVER being able to get away from each other. If you want to bet the over/under on when someone will get murdered I'm taking the under.

Good point Morgan. :D

They'll do what the wealthy have always done...throw money at the problem until the problem goes away. Don't know how to do something? Hire someone who does know how to do it and let them worry about it. Not really a bad idea, providing you have the money to do that, instead of learning how to do it yourself. I, personally, would rather learn how to do it myself...SHTF and you just might not be able to hire someone (or want to, for that matter).

No bunker has been made that can't be brought down. I like the idea of being able to get away if I have to.
I have a home and another home to retreat to. There are less expensive graves than a multi-million dollar bunker.
No place to grow and raise food sounds like a dead end to me. If they have to supply their own power how long will their fuel last?

No bunker has been made that can't be brought down. I like the idea of being able to get away if I have to.
I have a home and another home to retreat to. There are less expensive graves than a multi-million dollar bunker.
No place to grow and raise food sounds like a dead end to me. If they have to supply their own power how long will their fuel last?

Strikes me as being another one of those "looks good on paper, but doesn't work out for practical purposes" things. Fuel, food, being the two main issues.

In that situation the gardener would be the king. Like in life in general, you don't get the doctor or your mechanic mad at you. There are too many ways they can make your life hell.

Latest posts

Back