15 Common Dynamics Of SHTF Collapses

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read.

I especially like points #5, #13 and #14.

Though not really mentioned in the article, it brought a thought to my mind.
A rather common thought among some preppers is that the farther away from people you are, the better off you will be. And I believed this thought had merit but now for my new thinking.
Longer term (1 year+), you need to be around other people so you have access to a large enough and diverse enough population so you can barter (or purchase) all the different items that you will need. By diverse, I mean people with different skills that produce a wide variety of trade goods and services. This is likely old news for most on this site.

I read this and I think we are frogs in the pot, and the events are stair stepping to a new level of risk. The governments of the world are focused on Climate change being the problem and so they attack all things Carbon.... But they fail to acknowledge that the real problem is over taxation of resources (like the drops in the stadium analogy from the article (people are the drops))....

One of my favorite (not the best word) movies is Soylent Green, I have to wonder how society could decay to that point and I believe that we are much closer to that reality than we would feel comfortable with.

Latest posts

Back