17th Century French Castle-abandoned with belongings

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
if you like hisotry this is pretty cool--is a exploring video of a 17th century french castle that was abandoned with tons of furniture, art work, china, clothing, paintings, rugs, tapestries---really amazing. seems like the last family member, old lady with son moved out finally in or around 2008 or so and just let all that stuff bnehind, tons of photos, books---asto but still amazing.

an update says it was bought and is being renovated after all these years

these guys go exploring thru alot of old abandoned or ruined buildings---very interesting channele. warning--it gets addicting some of these old places are stunning

Last edited:
I always think these kinds of places would make good bed and breakfast places. Bedrooms are usually large and could have their own bathroom. A staff could be kept for cooking, cleaning and grounds keeping. The right person in charge could have weddings, festivals and other regular parties and events to help pay for maintenance and upkeep. These could also be used for communities, such as religious, or other. Could be divided into residences.

I don't think I've seen this or other European homes or castle videos, but I have watched others, mostly abandoned mansions. Some relatively new(er) and some that were built pre-Civil War.

When I was a kid, my mother loved to go for a drive and if we found an abandoned home, we'd always stop and go thru it and look around.

I don't think I've seen this or other European homes or castle videos, but I have watched others, mostly abandoned mansions. Some relatively new(er) and some that were built pre-Civil War.

When I was a kid, my mother loved to go for a drive and if we found an abandoned home, we'd always stop and go thru it and look around.
preCivil War??? Please do share???????

Check out Time Team to see some really old and amazing things. Talk about addicting! I have found a lot of Indian artifacts here over the years. Watching the time team find the Roman and older places really makes me want to dig more around here looking for what has been lost, left behind .

Thanks for sharing that. When I lived in Europe we visited the many castles, or Châteaus, as they are typically called throughout Belgium, and France. The most impressive were Château de Beloeil in Belgium and Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. Simply amazing places.

preCivil War??? Please do share???????

There are probably thousands of videos of old abandoned mansions pre & post civil war. Here are 2, that I think both are or were scheduled for demolition, but there are others..

Exploring A 200 Year Old Abandoned Mansion - YouTube

Exploring an Abandoned Plantation Mansion from the Civil War Era | Over 160 years old - YouTube

There are a atleast a few of the old Southern plantations that have been turned more into museums/living museums. I can't find the right videos I had watched at the time, but IIRC one is called the Whitney Plantation and another is Rosedown or maybe it was the Wessyngton. Sorry, not sure, but these were more of a documentary rather than a true explore of the buildings. I do know I watched one, that was more about exploring, but can't remember now which one it was.

But once you start watching these type of videos, the more of them keep coming up in your stream,

I always think these kinds of places would make good bed and breakfast places. Bedrooms are usually large and could have their own bathroom. A staff could be kept for cooking, cleaning and grounds keeping. The right person in charge could have weddings, festivals and other regular parties and events to help pay for maintenance and upkeep. These could also be used for communities, such as religious, or other. Could be divided into residences.
I was watching a British TV show not long ago, where a young man had inherited a formerly grand old English manor. The income from the farm and a couple rented cottages didn't cover expenses. So he cleaned it up, did some renovations, and started holding all inclusive weekend retreats that had culinary classes. The guests would learn how to make fancy dishes and drink fine wine around a 17th century dining table. It was successful enough that he eventually began hosting weddings, and then music festivals in the courtyard. So Weedy's idea might not be far off..

Latest posts

Back