• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1967 Gibson Firebird FB-12

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrocDundee

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
A classic of a classic. Only 24 made in 1967...how rare? It's not the Firebird you may think of. It's their twelve string...the FB-12. Burnt orange. Yes, some aging spiderwebbing and an umber patina to paint colour. I turned down $35K from Gibson Garage. One owner...me! Will consider $40,000 USD. Nope...that's the price. You pay shipping and insurance......

A classic of a classic. Only 24 made in 1967...how rare? It's not the Firebird you may think of. It's their twelve string...the FB-12. Burnt orange. Yes, some aging spiderwebbing and an umber patina to paint colour. I turned down $35K from Gibson Garage. One owner...me! Will consider $40,000 USD. Nope...that's the price. You pay shipping and insurance......
If I had the money (without going broke)... I'd buy. But only in person to get your autograph. ;)

If I had the money (without going broke)... I'd buy. But only in person to get your autograph. ;)
I brought it into the Gibson Garage...and...the owners wanted it...but...nah! They let us into The Vault...which gave me goosebumps. Well...I was with a local icon...killer slide guy that's on more platinums than I can count. Some...were from "dead names" and worth (starting at) $500K. Some were over $1M...and...in an actual bank vault. VERY interesting video...well worth it. I also had my Ibanez artist with me...far better than any LP...it's a double cutaway LP, basically...and...was trying to compare LP necks with it. I was allowed to play it through the little amp KR used on 'Start Me Up'. What a gas!

Here's their Gibson Garage video. If you own a nice six-string...you won't wanna miss a minute.

My slide guy??? This is what we did over there....just a teaser...the first tune: 'The Scent On My Pillow'. If you have Spotify...enjoy it!

What in the world are you doing down in Australia?:dunno:
All you can play down there is a didgeridoo.
ondrej-smeykal-chad-butler-1024x773.jpg

What in the world are you doing down in Australia?:dunno:
All you can play down there is a didgeridoo.
ondrej-smeykal-chad-butler-1024x773.jpg
If it's played right...it's pretty amazing. It's best played as the classical music term, "firmata" shows. It's best as backgrounding to colour what you are doing. I have yet to hear a Lead Didge! Love it here in Oz...and, in Nashville.

Just curious, Croc. Are you a Tommy Emmanuel fan? I love that guy. Incredible musician!! He and his brother, Phil (God rest his soul) did incredible things together. He came to a venue that was close enough to me to attend, but tickets were way beyond my price range.

Just curious, Croc. Are you a Tommy Emmanuel fan? I love that guy. Incredible musician!! He and his brother, Phil (God rest his soul) did incredible things together. He came to a venue that was close enough to me to attend, but tickets were way beyond my price range.
Yeah! He's a grad of Chet Atkins school, too. Great talent..and...yeah...we've met a few times.

I visited a museum last week and in the office area there were several Fender amps stacked in the corner in Fender cases.
I asked the tour guide and he said all he knew is they worked and they were really old.
I would have liked to look closer but there wasn't time
Some go for big money. If they have a provenance...like...the one Keith Richards used on 'Start Me Up'...especially so.

At one time I had a Canadian mother in law that had an old 12 string.. No idea of the brand or model.. She also had a 100 or so year old Stradivarius violin copy and could play both well..

Of course the late Canadian Gordon Lightfoot did many good things with his 12 string..

Latest posts

Back