2 Catastrophic Things Are About to Happen to Our Supply Chain in November

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In response to the part about the rail strike:

This article is so factually bad its laughable. I actually wondered if it's not a joke for a minute, but then I realized it's a hit piece written to capitalize upon the ignorance of the masses.

Unions do not come to agreements with the president! Unions come to agreements with companies! Politicians can have a role in brokering agreements, but ultimately the agreement is out of their hands.

In the case of rail labor disputes, the Rail Labor Act gives Congress - not the president - authority to step in and end a strike through legislation, which is what is likely to occur if a strike happens.

As much as I think Biden is a clown and is mentally disabled, the article is nothing but a hit piece. I place no stock in it...

Unions do not come to agreements with the president! Unions come to agreements with companies! Politicians can have a role in brokering agreements, but ultimately the agreement is out of their hands.

Correct, and I think most people understand that.

It didn't help that a couple weeks ago all of the lame stream media was touting biden's accomplishments with the unions. I have been going back and forth with a couple liberal loons on another forum about this. I have explained it 6 ways from Sunday to no avail.

They firmly believe biden fixed it and the strike potential is now gone. (because the media and the WH said so)

Every trip anywhere we make I buy enough stuff to fill up the truck plus ordering online. We just got more sawdust ( for bedding in barn) , and 1000 lbs of grain for the animals, one more load of hay to get but we're good on that even without it unless winter this year lasts until May
We have enough Diesel for the tractor until next year ( can't store it longer than that anyway)
Need to get some empty propane containers refilled , that's about it

In response to the part about the rail strike:

This article is so factually bad its laughable. I actually wondered if it's not a joke for a minute, but then I realized it's a hit piece written to capitalize upon the ignorance of the masses.

In the case of rail labor disputes, the Rail Labor Act gives Congress - not the president - authority to step in and end a strike through legislation, which is what is likely to occur if a strike happens.

As much as I think Biden is a clown and is mentally disabled, the article is nothing but a hit piece. I place no stock in it...
My local chairman called everyone yesterday to tell us that he had been told by the general chairman that if we don’t accept the current tentative agreement and strike, congress has already signed legislation to stop it. He said a strike would last less then an hour. Of course this has all happened behind closed doors so our votes, my vote really does mean nothing. The legislation would implement the PEB as written so the tentative agreement is a little better. I think there is more closed for stuff going on then we will ever know about.

My local chairman called everyone yesterday to tell us that he had been told by the general chairman that if we don’t accept the current tentative agreement and strike, congress has already signed legislation to stop it. He said a strike would last less then an hour. Of course this has all happened behind closed doors so our votes, my vote really does mean nothing. The legislation would implement the PEB as written so the tentative agreement is a little better. I think there is more closed for stuff going on then we will ever know about.
Rumors I've been hearing are that congress would put us back into another cooling off period. Of course that weakens our position and plays into the Carriers' hands.

Every trip anywhere we make I buy enough stuff to fill up the truck plus ordering online. We just got more sawdust ( for bedding in barn) , and 1000 lbs of grain for the animals, one more load of hay to get but we're good on that even without it unless winter this year lasts until May
We have enough Diesel for the tractor until next year ( can't store it longer than that anyway)
Need to get some empty propane containers refilled , that's about it
I agree. I think the current administration would love to see us all holed up in our homes. If Covid didn't do it, then maybe not having any fuel to go anywhere might do it, right? And that might be enough to totally sink our economy so that they can come up with a grand solution of total digital currency complete with digital ID and social score just like China. 😡 It's like the great reset on steroids.

Somehow I get the feeling November could be a really sketchy month.

Yep, woke up this morning and it is breaking news. It is the bus mechanics, who are declining a 14% increase in pay. The bus drivers, also union, will not cross the picket line, so all bus service is shut down. Being a long time Teamster, and the Official Shop Steward for 650 employees, I would support them, but in today's economic crash, they are gambling with their jobs because they could easily change the OCTA into a non-Union house, and those 150 mechanics will be without a job.

You can't blame the unions or the working folks, the economy is crap!
My DW and I have been prepping since we got married in 1974 but really doubled down when Obama got into office, by the way ammo was still plentiful in all calibers in those days, now it's slim and sometimes none. Freeze dried and dehydrated canned food have frequently more than double in price and building material prices have gone crazy, if you can get some things. Throw in lack of diesel that supposed to come about by Thanksgiving and the SHTF situation is really going to get baad for people that are not prepped.

Layoffs are starting in earnest now too.

Aannnddd, now the pilots for 3 separate major airlines are preparing to strike. We better get a real prezident before we collapse below a Third World Country.

2 more years.

...Are getting the mother of all prostrate exams. Hell. if men can get pregnant, women can have prostates to examine. bring a towel to gnaw on! 0_0

I don't know. I think I'd rather be a man. Those poor gals get majorly violated annually.

Also, a word to the wise, I once had a doctor, who was 6' 6", with hands the size of cucumbers. He violated me once. Never again!

I now have a beautiful, sweet doctor, with very small hands. I think I died and went to heaven with her.

Sorry for the thread diversion!

...Are getting the mother of all prostrate exams.

Because we keep bending over. I don't and never will advocate for violence unless it's in defense. I will however, stand up and keep making noise, we need more people to take interest and do the same.

I am pretty active when it comes to holding representatives accountable both at the local and federal level, I have never attended a protest that I didn't like. Point being millions of others need to follow suit to get anything done.

I went after my Senator at the state level so hard, he got extremely PO'ed at me and started slinging arrows, I guess he figured I would back down, I did not, I came at him harder, both publicly and privately . I don't think he likes me anymore 🤣 . What's worse is I supported him and voted for him.

I don't know. I think I'd rather be a man. Those poor gals get majorly violated annually.

Also, a word to the wise, I once had a doctor, who was 6' 6", with hands the size of cucumbers. He violated me once. Never again!

I now have a beautiful, sweet doctor, with very small hands. I think I died and went to heaven with her.

Sorry for the thread diversion!
The first time I had that exam, I swear that the urologist backed up and got a running start!

Several years ago I had a bout of prostatitis, brought on by sitting in a heavy equipment cab, leaning forward, for ten hours a day. That puts pressure on the prostate area. While the docs were trying to figure it out, I had to go through 3 prostate exams in one day.

It was, uhhhh...a lot easier by the last one that day...

OUCH! Obviously, he lied a lot.

He was two faced. When I submitted paperwork to the County Commissioners to make my county a Second Amendment Sanctuary, I called him and asked him if I could count on him for support, he said absolutely. I also made contact with our two House reps. One stood at both meetings with me, she is awesome, she also brought copies of the Michigan Constitution and a pocket Constitution at the fed level for everyone in attendance.

We were successful in getting this passed. Of course quite a few people didn't take the time to find out what it was about, they just listened to the media and the local fruit loops.

Fast forward a bit, we had a protest at the Capitol Building over the Vid lock downs.

Quite a few people entered the building with long guns, (not against the law) it then turned into we stormed the capital, at which point he called us all jacka****. Our guvnah labeled us Domestic Terrorists, lol.

That fired me up, big time. Not only was he condemning us, he did not correct the media in their all out assault. It is perfectly legal for me to carry my AR right into the chambers. Although now one has to approach it differently, it is still legal.

Me and my local mayor are in a very heated argument with pure hatred. He is in bed with the developers, and one was planning on building a 200,000 sq ft truck terminal, for one of our biggest on-line companies in my city. I started a non-profit organization, got us an attorney who specializes in this type of illegal land use, and stopped him in his tracks. We won the case, but they appealed, and we counter appealed, so it is currently in the state appellate courts getting dragged on for years.

As they say, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!"

Me and my local mayor are in a very heated argument with pure hatred.

Interesting.

During my meeting with the County Commissioners I ended up having a lengthy conversation with one of the commissioners that voted no. He is black and is a flaming liberal. He is now the mayor of the city (County Seat) in my county.

As we were discussing this he got increasingly aggravated because he couldn't counter my points intelligently.

So aggravated that he finally pulled the race card figuring it would shut me up. The look on his face was priceless when I called him on it. Then he started backpedaling claiming that isn't what he did, I beg to differ. Um, yeah ya did, you just didn't expect me to call you on it.

Latest posts

Back