2 More African Browns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
I just picked up these month old African Browns so now my 1 year old will have companions again since something got my other one last Spring.

AWL5i6G.jpg

FIbGCpN.jpg

It's possible they're Canada geese or a cross between them and African brown. These didn't come from the Amish guy I got the others from,none of his eggs hatched. These geese came from his brother that have African Browns too but there's also a wild Canadian goose that practically lives there and the guy said it was gone for a day or 2 and might have been breed. His African Browns have been raising them though. When they're young they look a lot alike but from what I'm reading and a few things I see on them it's possible they are Canadian geese,he wasn't sure. They have black feet like the Canadians and African Browns have dark orange to brownish orange. I guess I'll see once they get bigger.

Well now I'm sure that the 2 geese aren't African Browns,they're either full blooded Canadian geese or crossed with the African Browns. They could even be Cackling geese I guess since they're almost identical to Canadian geese.

Latest posts

Back