2021 Fishing Reports

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else fish ? Join in.
Hubby aka Mr.Meer wants to take jon boat here,

I like fishing for Blues on the Outer Banks. So much fun.
I had thought about getting my dad and heading to a nearby lake today. But we've had 4+" of rain this week. Lakes have risen fast, are very muddy, and we had a cold front come thru yesterday, plusbits pretty windy. Dad wouldn't have enjoyed that and we wouldn't have caught anything ether

We are waiting till this spring break is over.Although St.Augustine wasn'r bad at all we still like going when beach isn't crowded. As you know its been a rough last couple years for all of us so time to get out and enjoy things.

Good fishing it still a month and a half away here. The Sunfish will come on in mid May. I'm hoping for a better year this year. Our local county park has a 150 acre lake that usually produces tons of crappies in late may and June but last year didn't measure up. My daughter and I have caught 50 fish a day there before. Last year I don't think we caught more than 10 in any one trip.

I have been living 13 miles from a lake and 100 yards from a river for going on 5 years and haven't been fishing. That just seems sad. I think I will go get me a license. If I spend the money I will make time.

Last edited:
Good fishing it still a month and a half away here. The Sunfish will come on in mid May. I'm hoping for a better year this year. Our local county park has a 150 acre lake that usually produces tons of crappies in late may and June but last year didn't measure up. My daughter and I have caught 50 fish a day there before. Last year I don't think we caught more than 10 in any one trip.

My goodness,wonder what happened?

I have been living 13 miles from a lake and 100 yards from a river for going on 5 years and haven't been fishing. That just seems sad. I think I will go get me a license. If I spend the money I will make time.

Good idea to get out and do something fun and posi:thumbs:tive,imo.

I like to fish for:
1) Panfish, good for supper and bait.
2) Catfish, good for supper :D

Nothing like fishing for a nice size bluegill with a light fly rod :)

Soon, Soon, my Precious.

Good luck,hope you catch supper. ;)

Next week is suppose to warm back up. Hope to go to beach and fish then.

Hope you have some good luck. We don't have beaches here in Iowa so I'm a little jealous...

Well Spike we don't have snow here so mountains,so I'm kinda jealous of yall too. We use to like going to the Snow covered Mts. In N.Ga,Tenn.

It was a picture last week to see a bunch of my young Mennonite neighbors headed to the creek with landing nets and buckets to catch carp. 13 for them, that one day. It always amazes me how the fish make it miles to these tiny creeks then back to the lake. Most times the creek is only like a mud puddle.
Better, at the lake, it’s now trout season and it sounds like they’re great this year.
I don’t fish. The rods I have are for surf casting. The ocean is where my heart is.

I like to fish for:
1) Panfish, good for supper and bait.
2) Catfish, good for supper :D

Nothing like fishing for a nice size bluegill with a light fly rod :)

Soon, Soon, my Precious.
I used to fly fish too, when I was in high school. The 'gills in the old gravel pits and farm ponds had never seen a fly on the surface before, and they would come right on up for them in the spring.

I was never much good with a fly rod, and I used my dad's old rod in high school. I never bought my own. Haven't fly fished in 30 years...maybe I should try it again?

My goodness,wonder what happened?
It was us, I think. We didn't go as much. Everyone was going to the lake to be outside because of Corona, but there were still social distancing rules on the fishing docks. We started busting brush to go to new spots on the lake shore away from people, and it didn't always pay off..

It was a picture last week to see a bunch of my young Mennonite neighbors headed to the creek with landing nets and buckets to catch carp. 13 for them, that one day. It always amazes me how the fish make it miles to these tiny creeks then back to the lake. Most times the creek is only like a mud puddle.
Better, at the lake, it’s now trout season and it sounds like they’re great this year.
I don’t fish. The rods I have are for surf casting. The ocean is where my heart is.

Ocean is mine too. Also like the cold mountain streams sometimes. But ocean is my favorite/

Well thats good news Meer. Beaches are nice around there

Yes one of our favorites till the storms tore em up.Left huge drop off to the beach and last time I tried to go out in sufe use cast net it was impossible to climb steep incline then throw a net,Probably too old for it now anyway but its nice we're gonna have the beach back.

Got to put a rush on the beach trip,
Some beach somewhere soon asthe fool next door puts out his fire so we come back to a house,winds are picking up now pretty good.
I can find a plastic umbrella beach table anywhere now,most are iron or too big and heavy to carry to beach. I got the umbrella last week but no table to put it on.

Yesterday at the beach they were catching Pompano's.FF to the catch.LOL this guy is a trip sounds like a kid when he catches that 'stud'pomp.

I wanted to give it a try this weekend but water temps are still a bit cool for the crappie, bass, and sunfish. If it stays warm I think they'll be in the shallows in a couple weeks, eating everything in sight to get ready for the spawn. We'll start catching them then, until the spring bite peaks in late June...

I wanted to give it a try this weekend but water temps are still a bit cool for the crappie, bass, and sunfish. If it stays warm I think they'll be in the shallows in a couple weeks, eating everything in sight to get ready for the spawn. We'll start catching them then, until the spring bite peaks in late June...

Down here every season is fishing season.We see people fushing all times of the yearWe have too. Good luck on your next fishing trip.

A friend of a friend went walleye fishing and caught 50. He went with a guide and I'm thinking about going with the same guide. He obviously knows how to jig deep for them and I don't.
They were in the same area of the Columbia River that the record walleye was caught.
There is NO size or bag limit for walleye or bass on the Columbia River.

Columbia River walleye record: claimed, confirmed, condemned

A friend of a friend went walleye fishing and caught 50. He went with a guide and I'm thinking about going with the same guide. He obviously knows how to jig deep for them and I don't.
They were in the same area of the Columbia River that the record walleye was caught.
There is NO size or bag limit for walleye or bass on the Columbia River.

Columbia River walleye record: claimed, confirmed, condemned

Thats a big fish backlash,

1620158842309.png

Back