• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

3 PM today, Trump to announce National Emergency.

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

phideaux

Spectator of Life
Neighbor
Me too but I do need some more meat but may have to do without it. Hubby willbe very unhappy camper.
We went to local meat market yesterday , bought $102 of pork roast, beef roast, ground beef, chicken,
Enough for at least a month.

Got plenty fresh eggs.
Plenty PB, Cheese, and years worth of canned goods.
Jim

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We went to local meat market yesterday , bought $102 of pork roast, beef roast, ground beef, chicken,
Enough for at least a month.

Got plenty fresh eggs.
Plenty PB, Cheese, and years worth of canned goods.
Jim
Our chickens keep us in plenty of eggs,actually too many .

Its a shame that we no longer givr them away.We read a person gave soem rggs to peopel who sued them so now we have 13 dozen and don't know what to do with the eggs. Only have 6 chicknes.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Redhorse

Don't squat with yer spurs on
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I appreciate good fiction.
Me too.
Do you really think we're going to go hungry?
100_0357.JPG
And that's just one of many from ONE fishing trip..
Half of the people in my neighborhood have fishing boats.
Add to that tons of fresh shrimp, crabs and red-snapper. (I never thought of fishing as 'social-distancing', but it is :rolleyes:)
We also have lots of oil & gas wells and at least 6 refineries that I know of down here - plenty of fuel.
Just up the road is the city nicknamed "The Rice Capital of America" - plenty of rice.
Wikipedia said:
"Crowley has the nickname of "Rice Capital of America", because at one time it was a major center for rice harvesting and milling. Today, Crowley still has a number of rice mills and rice is the main crop of many local farmers.
Gumbo anyone?Yummy.gifbiggrin.gif
*And now back to our regularly-scheduled bad news.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have saw a you Tube video that discussed much of the things in this article. I have no idea if it is possible, being planned for, or just BS. But it sure gives you something to ponder. The possibilities for the US long term if it did happen could be huge.

Storm Watch: As Americans Hunker Down, Nothing Can Stop the Justice That Is Coming

I'd love to hear you folks thoughts on the story.
BackP I had read part of this before and still haven't read it all yet. But one part I don't think will ever happen is any of the DeepState tyrants paying for what they have done to this nation.

joel

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have a couple pounds of fresh fish, some pork, venison.
We went to the store today, for a few can beans, DW make a lot of things with can beans, because they are almost as quick as fresh beans.
Got peanutbutter & fruit & a few vegetables & last two cans of mushrooms. They said only 3 six packs of TP, we did not need it, but why not.

Group Builder