4 Month Whole Cloth Quilt

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Just wanted to show the quilt that my wife just finished,
Took 4 months of (what I'd call non stop sewing) many tireless hours of sitting and quilting every stitch
of this "Whole Cloth Quilt" by hand....every stitch.
whiteq.jpg
whiteq2.jpg

whiteq3.jpg
quilt4.jpg

It is beautiful and pics don't do it justice.
All White on white

Jim

That is amazing work. Does she enter contests or county fairs? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

No, she just does them for the love of sewing.
She has made hundreds of quilts, and has many in storage, but gives many away to family and friends.

Never even been to the Quilt Show, and we only live 30 min away.

Jim

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm partial to the one color quilts, too. I do have a navy blue king size "log cabin design", and a pale pink borghello heart design a cousin did. But I bought a light green with matching thread queen size "sunflowers and spiderwebs" quilt I have in our farmhouse in the guest room. It doesn't have that "shocker" color aspect to it, but I love the plain look. My family quilts by hand, too, and it takes forever. 14 stitches per inch declares you an expert. Something I'm not good at, at all. I get knots. I can embroider, though. We go to quilt auction every August. That quilt would be a show stopper.

I so want to be adopted. . . or at least lived closer so she could show me how. That is just beautiful work! To be that talented is a true gift.. It does her soul good to know that her hunny is so proud of her accomplishments too. I know it takes hours upon hours. She has done so many gorgeous quilts and to make a whole cloth quilt look just as astonishing as a pieced quilt is amazing! Is this the one that you had posted a picture of with all the safety pins? I hadn't gone back to compare. Just curious.

I so want to be adopted. . . or at least lived closer so she could show me how. That is just beautiful work! To be that talented is a true gift.. It does her soul good to know that her hunny is so proud of her accomplishments too. I know it takes hours upon hours. She has done so many gorgeous quilts and to make a whole cloth quilt look just as astonishing as a pieced quilt is amazing! Is this the one that you had posted a picture of with all the safety pins? I hadn't gone back to compare. Just curious.

I don't think I posted any pics of this one before it was finnished,

But it also went thru the safety pin barrage.....

Jim

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm partial to the one color quilts, too. I do have a navy blue king size "log cabin design", and a pale pink borghello heart design a cousin did. But I bought a light green with matching thread queen size "sunflowers and spiderwebs" quilt I have in our farmhouse in the guest room. It doesn't have that "shocker" color aspect to it, but I love the plain look. My family quilts by hand, too, and it takes forever. 14 stitches per inch declares you an expert. Something I'm not good at, at all. I get knots. I can embroider, though. We go to quilt auction every August. That quilt would be a show stopper.

I am far from an expert. I am lucky if I have 7 stitches per inch. I probably have even less.

Using a thimble is a must, and if you have never used one before, you will want to learn when you hand stitch a quilt. Phideaux, I know your wife uses one.

Back