4Patriots survival food?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Anyone have any dealings with 4Patriots?

They are offering freeze dried meals with a 25 year shelf life. 184 servings for $197 including shipping. That's just over a $1 per serving. Most are in the $4 to $5 range. Their online review have a 5 star rating from 2,665 reviewers. Smells almost too good to be true. Tempting to risk the $200 to find out.

Last edited:
Anyone have any dealings with 4Patriots?

They are offering freeze dried meals with a 25 year shelf life. 184 servings for $197 including shipping. That's just over a $! per serving. Most are in the $4 to $5 range. Their online review have a 5 star rating from 2,665 reviewers. Smells almost too good to be true. Tempting to risk the $200 to find out.

I have friends in our group that use them, they have nothing but good to say about them.

Our conversation was a couple of weeks ago, but now that I think about it they mentioned something about serving size vs caloric intake. Something you might look into. It seems the daily caloric intake was a bit low.

I ordered their 184 serving, time will tell.

My MREs are four years pass their shelf life. The one I kept in the RV (not the best temperature wise) only the crackers were still good. The 4Patriot will replace the MREs.

Joel. I made a First in-first out can storage rack that hangs on the back of a closet door. Asked the wife when she bought canned goods, buy a few extra when on sale. She uses the rack for bottle water and a few cans of soda pop.

My order arrived today. My first thought there is no way there are 184 individual meals. Then I read the labeling, 8 servings per pouch. Since there is two of us we'll have to store opened pouches. The tub they sent my order is large enough to add Tubberware containers. Open a pouch, take out two servings and place the remaining in a Tubberware container. This is workable for us.

I've seen the 4Patriots freeze-dried foods at the local Costco, but I haven't really checked them out. I'd be a bit concerned about additives and other un-prounounceable ingredients (if any), as well as the cost of about a dollar a pop for a meal. I figure I can get a lot of beans, rice, pasta, etc. for the same amount of money, and can/put up veggies and fruits.

On the other hand, if the freeze-dried stuff isn't chock full of strange chemicals and tastes good, it sure would save a lot of time and sweat! Lazy, what does the stuff taste like? What's the calories per serving?

I've seen the 4Patriots freeze-dried foods at the local Costco, but I haven't really checked them out. I'd be a bit concerned about additives and other un-prounounceable ingredients (if any), as well as the cost of about a dollar a pop for a meal. I figure I can get a lot of beans, rice, pasta, etc. for the same amount of money, and can/put up veggies and fruits.

On the other hand, if the freeze-dried stuff isn't chock full of strange chemicals and tastes good, it sure would save a lot of time and sweat! Lazy, what does the stuff taste like? What's the calories per serving?
To date I haven't taste tested. I randomly selected one of the packets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back