5G

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 45 seconds in before I lost interest. "Microwave radiation warfare", "assault frequencies", "cooked eyeballs like eggs", etc. When there's a valid arguement, there's no need for phrases that sound big and scary but that have no more technical meaning than "assault rifle".

The nice thing about being an engineer with a background in the EO/IR/RF spectrum is it's easy to call bologna on things that are fear-mongering and sensationalism rather than factual. Now, if you want something to get legitimately worked up about, let's talk about all the lidar systems in modern cars that are used for automatic collision avoidance.

so, I'm curious why so many countries are banning 5G. We, as usual, seem to be gobbling it up and President Trump seems to want to beat everyone around the world in implementing it here as fast as possible. Is it because of Huawei? Will we get to the point that we all will need to wear tin foil hats to protect from these microwaves?

Last edited:
This is a hot topic in my city currently. We finally succeeded on passing "Mill Valley" legislation here at our latest city council meeting California prohibiting 5G anywhere near residences. The country does not know enough about 5G yet, and the originating country of this program even prohibited it, so there must be something pretty scary about this stuff.

I was talking to a phone guy at BestBuy yesterday about the 5G Samsung 10 coming out. I'm missing out on all the fear factors of 5G. Is it suppose to be worse than the electromagnet emissions from Trifid large power lines? Or the 1KW power from a ham amplifier in the home?
I am just trying to get up to date.
And we are to get it here soon.

I don't know any of this stuff and would love to hear from others who do. I found I this an interesting video but with some over the top opinions that distracted from its credibility. I rarely use a cell phone, I don't own any appliances with wifi or have wifi in my home, and I typically step back a few feet from the microwave when I use it.

I'm aware of the potential danger but also I hate being tethered to a communication device. Awake or asleep my wife never has her phone much out of arms reach, yuck! A few years ago Google got caught sending vans around the country hacking into peoples wifi. I turn on my wifi on my laptop and there are several networks broadcasting into my home. I am a private person and I have no illusion about my computer being secure.

I don't know any of this stuff and would love to hear from others who do. I found I this an interesting video but with some over the top opinions that distracted from its credibility. I rarely use a cell phone, I don't own any appliances with wifi or have wifi in my home, and I typically step back a few feet from the microwave when I use it.

I'm aware of the potential danger but also I hate being tethered to a communication device. Awake or asleep my wife never has her phone much out of arms reach, yuck! A few years ago Google got caught sending vans around the country hacking into peoples wifi. I turn on my wifi on my laptop and there are several networks broadcasting into my home. I am a private person and I have no illusion about my computer being secure.

As with any new technology, there are a number of issues at hand. The big one seems to be about physical health.

The current 3G & 4G networks use frequencies between 700 MHz and 2.5 GHz. The 5G networks will use this range as well as 24-86 GHz. The higher frequencies enable a higher data rate, which is the whole purpose of 5G...to have a faster cellular network to stream the extensive multi-media users today want to see. However, the higher data rates come at a cost - range. While towers on 3G and 4G networks are relatively sparse and away from people, 5G networks will need many more towers in a tighter group to get the same area coverage. By extension, this means that 5G towers will be closer to people.

...AND NOW EVERYONE WILL GET CANCER AND DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH! Or, so the rhetoric goes. However, it's rhetoric born of panic and technical ignorance. There are maximum permissible levels (MPE) established for the electro-magnetic spectrum that have been extensively studied. The regulatory body that governs cell phone transmissions (i.e., the FCC) ensures that the radiation of 5G towers, at their specified wattage and frequencies, will not cause health issues. It's not magic. It's not even an art. It is, by definition, an exacting science.

Sorry to everyone for getting on my soapbox. When I started looking into news articles to figure out what all the fuss was about, all I really saw were superficial stories trying to get readers with catchy headlines and no substance. If anyone has specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

I hardly know any details about 5G, but I think it's about the fear of using China's technology and having China spying on us in North America and the rest of the world. Just my opinion.

I don't trust the government and I don't trust a company that stands to make billions off the technology. That leaves me with some off the wall group I've never heard of before. Too much of this new tech is designed to spy on us which I don't like either.

Admiral, I'd like to hear more about the LIDAR issue.

Sorry Admiral, I do not agree with you

If 5G was OK, then why has Japan, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand already banned it from their countries? Nobody knows the full extent of 5G, but I will let you know that these antennas, which are now every 5-10 miles away, will be increased to every 3 houses in every neighborhood in every city and every state in the United States. That is lots of antennas with lots of power. I also know leukemia is spiking in the United States, and this will increase exponentially with the addition of 5G.

The most ironic fact is that this 5G was invented in Japan, and even Japan has banned it from their country. Have you ever considered why?

Look at the warnings on just a cell tower disguised as a flag pile in my city. Also, you must notice that this verbiage was hidden behind a Bush and a children's playground and our city's recreation facility. Please read the fine print at the bottom!
20190511_185544.jpg

As with any new technology, there are a number of issues at hand. The big one seems to be about physical health.

The current 3G & 4G networks use frequencies between 700 MHz and 2.5 GHz. The 5G networks will use this range as well as 24-86 GHz. The higher frequencies enable a higher data rate, which is the whole purpose of 5G...to have a faster cellular network to stream the extensive multi-media users today want to see. However, the higher data rates come at a cost - range. While towers on 3G and 4G networks are relatively sparse and away from people, 5G networks will need many more towers in a tighter group to get the same area coverage. By extension, this means that 5G towers will be closer to people.

...AND NOW EVERYONE WILL GET CANCER AND DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH! Or, so the rhetoric goes. However, it's rhetoric born of panic and technical ignorance. There are maximum permissible levels (MPE) established for the electro-magnetic spectrum that have been extensively studied. The regulatory body that governs cell phone transmissions (i.e., the FCC) ensures that the radiation of 5G towers, at their specified wattage and frequencies, will not cause health issues. It's not magic. It's not even an art. It is, by definition, an exacting science.

Sorry to everyone for getting on my soapbox. When I started looking into news articles to figure out what all the fuss was about, all I really saw were superficial stories trying to get readers with catchy headlines and no substance. If anyone has specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and I'll do my best to provide an answer.

Always good to have opposing views. Thanks fro info. But I'm still on the fearful side of the debate. Or better safe than sorry.
IMO we should have stopped with the wringer washer so that lets you know where I coming from. LOL

I did hear that 5G was hundreds of times stronger than 4G and therefore the health implications were 100's of times worse too.
i'm not much up on techie stuff, I have a very old Nokia non smart phone-dosent even take photos, and a very old laptop i'm typing this on, that's the extent of my tech and I don't much care if it all goes boof!!!

I don't have any reason to trust any of them so I am leary of their ' advances '.

Anytime they create dangers they always first create alternatives to it for themselves. Or thats what I hear.
So not sure if the fools are running around with metal mesh sewed into their clothes to counter the effects or what,but you can bet they will be protected.
If mens hats start to become popular again ,look out. I won't be the only lead hat wearer.:good luck:

If you live in rural small towns what choice do you have for web service other than this 5G?

We only have one provider and it is Wifi dsl 5g.

Here is a video that claims to help fight off the 5G rays.
I read years ago in old medical book that charcoal helps to gets rid of radiation. I buy chelated charcoal caplets from health food store.

Last edited:
The cell towers don't emit radiation like radioactive elements. They emit radio frequency radiation, like any other radio transmitter. People are concerned because the frequency is higher.
I have read reports that cover both sides of the argument. If the side that says it is bad are right we should see effects in our population fairly quickly. If the other side is right then there will be no effect.
The screaming baby in the room is that no on has carried out a double blind, in depth, study on the effects of these frequencies at these power levels and at this range.
Just like so many things argued today, nobody has any real evidence one way or the other.

If these are so safe then let's have them put the towers up around the factories and offices of the designers and corporate officers and their homes for a few years first.

It doesn't matter if 5G is safe or not. TPTB don't care if it kills off a few million people as long as they make money. It might be the answer to the water shortage we are discussing in another thread.
It will be implemented and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. Therefore I don't worry about it. I also live in an area that probably won't see it for a long long time.

If these are so safe then let's have them put the towers up around the factories and offices of the designers and corporate officers and their homes for a few years first.

@Caribou I forgot all about this thread. Or I could ask about ethernet on this one.
I think we have gotten too smart for our own good.
"Knowledge shall increase but will be further from the truth." paraquote from Bible .

Look at the warnings on just a cell tower disguised as a flag pile in my city. Also, you must notice that this verbiage was hidden behind a Bush and a children's playground and our city's recreation facility. Please read the fine print at the bottom!View attachment 11001
That's how the microwave oven was invented!
A guy working on radars units noticed it melted his chocolate bar.
Remember the first ones were called "Radarange" by Amana?
The thing that makes gigahertz frequency signals safe is power and distance.
The power reduces by the inverse-square law (below) the further from the transmitter.
The high-power transmitter on the cell-tower is far enough away from people to be safe unless you climb the dang pole.
If the power is low enough, the distance doesn't matter which is how people don't get brain-damage having a cellphone transmitting gigahertz frequencies pressed against their head for hours at a time...
day in and day outo_O.
InverseSquareLaw.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry Admiral, I do not agree with you

If 5G was OK, then why has Japan, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand already banned it from their countries? Nobody knows the full extent of 5G, but I will let you know that these antennas, which are now every 5-10 miles away, will be increased to every 3 houses in every neighborhood in every city and every state in the United States. That is lots of antennas with lots of power. I also know leukemia is spiking in the United States, and this will increase exponentially with the addition of 5G.

The most ironic fact is that this 5G was invented in Japan, and even Japan has banned it from their country. Have you ever considered why?
Those countries are banning the company over security concerns, not the technology.
https://news.alphastreet.com/countries-that-have-banned-huawei-from-their-5g-plans/

Huawei is part of the Chinese government and a serious security concern. 5G poses a separate risk that, while of some question, is serious enough to deserve some truthful answers.

Electromagnectic radiation has been proven to be dangerous.
I've never even had a microwave oven in my house. My kids kept offering to buy us one but I refused.
I do believe that all these appliances is the reason for so much cancer in this nation. That and other bad habits that I already possess so why push it?

Here are some remedies. I know they use to treat radiation poisoning with charcoal tablets or capsules. In my old medical encyclopedia it was the main treatment for that and other toxins in the body, especially the intestinal tract.

https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/natural-remedies-for-radiation-exposure/

Harmful Effects of Radiation Exposure
The effects of radiation are many, varied, and dependent on the level of exposure. Low-level exposure can lead to major digestive imbalance, blood alteration and even the destruction of many cellular structures in the body's key organ and tissue systems over time. Common signs of low-level radiation exposure include fatigue, headaches, nausea, scalp tenderness, scalp discoloration, and dry/itchy skin.[1] In extreme cases, continued low-level exposure to radiation may also cause brain damage, memory concerns, mood changes and reduced listening capacities, psychomotor abilities, and information processing times. Exposure to low levels of radiation over a long time may increase the likelihood of developing leukemia and lymphoma in the future.[2]

Low level exposure to radiation also affects the circulatory system by reducing lymphocytes – a type of white blood cell. Having fewer lymphocytes puts you at a greater risk of infections. The reproductive system is also vulnerable to radiation, and long-term exposure can lead to sterility, birth defects, and still-births.[3]

Exposure to high levels of radiation can cause acute radiation syndrome, or mild radiation sickness.[4] The symptoms may range from being "mild" and flu-li

Latest posts

Back