89 F-150 XLT Lariat 5.0 Upgrades

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conservative

Friend
Neighbor
I bought an 89 F150 with a 5.0 V-8 in December for $700. Now I have got it fixed up mechanically for the most part after spending at least $2000. I just got supposed Flowmaster knockoffs installed with dual pipes straight out the back. VX something or other made by ao exhaust. It still needs an ignition switch and tires. Planning on replacing the cats with high-flows. After that, I’ll be looking at the headers. Going to K&n filter for air box . Anything else I could/should do to increase performance? Not gonna drag strip it or anything. Not into lifted trucks either. Just want efficiency and POWER!!

I bought an 89 F150 with a 5.0 V-8 in December for $700. Now I have got it fixed up mechanically for the most part after spending at least $2000. I just got supposed Flowmaster knockoffs installed with dual pipes straight out the back. VX something or other made by ao exhaust. It still needs an ignition switch and tires. Planning on replacing the cats with high-flows. After that, I’ll be looking at the headers. Going to K&n filter for air box . Anything else I could/should do to increase performance? Not gonna drag strip it or anything. Not into lifted trucks either. Just want efficiency and POWER!!

You would be surprised at what a roller top end will do !................

Latest posts

Back