9mm Reloading Manual

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a number of "One Book One Caliber" loading books but they don't include the latest powders or bullets. They are good reference manuals and I hang on to all my older manuals for that reason.
Years ago I switched to only Hodgdon powders because while they add new powders they rarely delete any older powders. Winchester was infamous for deleting and replacing powders for no apparent good reason and I tired of it quickly. With Hodgdon I can use the oldest powders like HP-38 and H4895 and the latest powders like TiteGroup and CFE or LongShot and Suprform.

I have a number of "One Book One Caliber" loading books but they don't include the latest powders or bullets. They are good reference manuals and I hang on to all my older manuals for that reason.
Years ago I switched to only Hodgdon powders because while they add new powders they rarely delete any older powders. Winchester was infamous for deleting and replacing powders for no apparent good reason and I tired of it quickly. With Hodgdon I can use the oldest powders like HP-38 and H4895 and the latest powders like TiteGroup and CFE or LongShot and Suprform.
Aren't Hodgdon, Winchester, and IMR all the same company, and produced in the same factory now?

I've got those "one caliber" books for military calibers, 9mm, 5.56, 30/'06, etc. I haven't loaded any of them yet though...

Hodgdon and Winchester have never made any powders. They are Brand suppliers. IMR used to be Dupont and they made some powders. As far as I know IMR is just another Brand supplier now.
Hodgdon doesn't own Winchester or IMR, they just sell the brands along with there own brand. Some of the Winchester powders are identical powders from the same manufacturers. among these are 231/HP-38, 296/H110, 760/H414. All of these are made by the same manufacturer and aside from the labels they are exactly the same.

Back