A basically free house

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info William. I have lived in tents too, last time was on this property about 22 years ago. First time in 1975 ,we enjoyed it the first time, second it was not so much fun with lightening striking near you on the ground and tent laying down over you from high winds. Good thing we already learned how to live primitive when we were younger.
Indians did alright but I bet their glad to leave the tents. I know we were, yet I still like to camp now and then in short intervals. Except I have a nice air beds and potty.

Yes I have noticed how the ground gets harder and colder the older you get too.

I could be in the Sahara and find the only rock for 1500 miles

Well you won't find one here in Florida. You might think its a rock but it really just a violent potato vine root.

Only good thin about no rocks is you never have to worry about stumping your toe. Only being body slammed by an undercover vine.

When my wife, small son and I moved here to S.W. Oregon we lived in the 17' travel trailer we used to use for hunting and fishing in Colorado, by the way a 17' trailer is only 14' of living space. We did add a shed for extra room so we could have a wood stove and a room for our son as he grew, we live in that trailer for 17 years while I built our home and even after we moved into the home it was a number of years before we got it to the size it is now. Originally it was a 10'X 16' room attached to a 24' x 24' deck which became our kitchen, bathroom and living area, then a few years later I added a 16' X 24' bedroom and livingroom and then a 12' X 26' sunroom and then a deck around 2/3rds of the home. I still have some trim work inside and I'm presently building a solar array frame for our backup power supply and on top of this I am now a somewhat young 76 years of age. We got here when I was in my 30's, so as you can see, this has been a long term project and so all I can say is just hang in there and things can get done. It's basically called delayed gratification, something that is not very common these days.

Latest posts

Back