A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1579291778718.jpg

Woody , Bugs, and these guys..

Jim

Yep that wuz some good cheeze
I never have tasted a single slice:(.

I guess that could be a good thing or a bad thing.:rolleyes:
I love cheese.
Have eaten plenty of 'my cheese'.:)

We got it from a neighbor who got it from the government. That and the peanut butter you had to stir up before using it. It was good in macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and on burgers. The peanut butter was good for sandwiches but not often. We ate it because it was on the table. I guess the neighbors didn't like either very much but us kids would eat whatever mom made for us.

I had it! My mom would buy it from some of the elderly people who received it but never ate it. Then she would help them buy food they would eat.

Government cheese came from dairy subsidies that resulted in a massive surplus of milk. It was either make gov't cheese or let it go bad.

Me too but it was Wheaties or Cheerios. No sugar coated cereals at our house.

All cereals are sugar laden, even the ones that pretend to be "healthy".

When I was a kid we always had Shredded Wheat, Grape Nuts, and Raisin Bran.

My how inflation grows as time flies.

I used those once in a while when I was in grade school. I was playing with radio circuits back then.
I stopped playing when IC chips came out - except for making repairs to my first computer. The computer center (Radio Shack) couldn't fix it so I did.

Latest posts

Back