A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1580604825522.jpg

Jim

Who hasn't done this..?

Down a long hill...

View attachment 33683
Jim

As a Kid?

True story... A girlfriend and I went to a backyard cook out. The couple had small children and a really steep front yard. When we left my girlfriend noticed a box at the top and jumped on to slide down to the street...

She lost control and ended up stuck underneath a car parked at the bottom... IT was sooo funny! We had to jack the car up to get her out... The entire time she's yelling at me! "Shut Up! Stop Laughing"... I laughed until my sides hurt. :D

We still have both sets. The big ones are in the motorhome and the small ones I take when I pack a lunch.

When I was a kid we found a really thick, round cardboard barrel. It was about 4' tall and big enough for 4 kids to get in. We crammed 4 boys in it and rolled it down a big hill. The guy on the end flew out about halfway down but the other 3 rode it to the bottom. We were all dizzy and banged up pretty good.
It took us almost a half hour to get it back to the top of the hill. My dad got home just in time to see what we were doing and that was the end of that. That was probably a good thing because one of us would have gotten hurt really bad again.

Terri how old are you? We had those when I was a about 10 and I was a granny first time at 37.
She must be young.
We had those before we had color-TV. It was in color AND 3D!!!:woo hoo:
It's hard to believe that I could easily read the narration in that little hole in the middle....once upon a time:rolleyes:.
view-master_0.png

june_1_20016_213__41215.1464897655.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back