A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8c4bea393d14e804962d8c38be145554--s-ads-retro-ads.jpg

Jim

It's an Appalachian band instrument
It's also Cajun.
They have been playing it since the 1900's.
A Zydeco band down here called Filé Gumbo:
P1150753.JPG

P1160012.JPG

A washboard.I found out early that feet worked better and no bending.
Speaking of the washboard, back in the day we had real music and they played it on almost nothing.
I will never forget a band when I was young.
A little ol' grey-haired church-lady stepped up to the mike with an autoharp.
All of us 'long-hairs' yawned and groaned.
rolleyes.gif

She tore into that thing and within seconds, everybody in the place was up dancing.
Here's a little known musician, named Johnny Cash, getting schooled on what real music is:

Add to that someone playing a washboard, someone playing spoons, someone blowing on a moonshine jug, and you've got yourself a dance!:lil guy:

I owned a combat commander - for a few months. Worst gun I ever owned! I didn't even know that Colt made a single shot 1911. After three days of honing the burrs off all the parts - springs included, I did get it to empty a magazine without a problem. I had it long enough to work up an accurate loads and then traded it for two reloading presses, a couple of scales, and a mess of other reloading equipment. It was the best trade I ever made. Oh, I did acid wash the blue off and Parkerized the gun. It actually looked like a firearm when I traded it and it did hold a 1.5 inch group at 25 yards, left handed.

Latest posts

Back