A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the early 80s we bought a five year old Ford Econoline 15 passenger van. The guy who sold it was a mechanic. He warned us to go easy on the accelerator as it had a 450 engine with a 4 barrel racing cam, and a few other modifications.

I think he understated it a bit. Five years later were were still driving the rust bucket fully loaded with six passengers, a summer's worth of camping traveling supplies and two loaded roof racks.

That van could lay you back in the seat instantly, going up the side of the Rocky Mountains. Even on the flat there wasn't anything on the road that could out accelerate it. We were too chicken/responsible to see how fast it could really go.

Back in the mid 2000s we bought our 15 Passenger Club Wagon XLT with a 351 Windsor.it was about 10 yr old.Its now our only ride till truck is fixed.Best MPG I've ever seen,it loves to roll.
I also had a van, my first one had a baby pen in it for my babies. I'd stop and it would slide forward, take off anf it would slide toward the back. Never heard of seat belts,car seats or child safety yet all our kids survived us.

Back in the early 80s we bought a five year old Ford Econoline 15 passenger van. The guy who sold it was a mechanic. He warned us to go easy on the accelerator as it had a 450 engine with a 4 barrel racing cam, and a few other modifications.

I think he understated it a bit. Five years later were were still driving the rust bucket fully loaded with six passengers, a summer's worth of camping traveling supplies and two loaded roof racks.

That van could lay you back in the seat instantly, going up the side of the Rocky Mountains. Even on the flat there wasn't anything on the road that could out accelerate it. We were too chicken/responsible to see how fast it could really go.
You must have had all girls for that much luggage.

One boy and twin girls. It was my MIL that was the problem. Aso, we were back in the boonies and had to keep fixit tools and parts for every occasion as there weren't any phones, gas stations or rescue sevices. We lived the prepper life before there were prepper labels and I grew up without any external influences as well.

It's why I have a hard time with all the fear mongering going on with covid19. Stay safe my patootie. Get busy living or get busy dying.

One boy and twin girls. It was my MIL that was the problem. Aso, we were back in the boonies and had to keep fixit tools and parts for every occasion as there weren't any phones, gas stations or rescue sevices. We lived the prepper life before there were prepper labels and I grew up without any external influences as well.

It's why I have a hard time with all the fear mongering going on with covid19. Stay safe my patootie. Get busy living or get busy dying.

Loved that movie, one of the best Hollyhood has put out in past few decades. ShawShank Redemption. What was so great about it is I didn't guess the end .

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Latest posts

Back