A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1593959574878.png

My MIL rented her phone like everyone else did back then. She wanted a new pushbutton phone so we took her old one back to ATT and found out she had been paying $4 a month for over 10 years for a rotary dial phone. They didn't want the old one back and she bought a new phone for around $25.
ATT made a lot of money renting phones and they still have the same scam but now with cell phones that they sell for $1000 or more. All the cell companies are in on that scam.

1594773599724-png.46455

721M40
This was before the rotary dial, when you picked up the phone and the operator said:
"Number please?".
I was very young (6) but my mom made us kids memorize our number in case something happened while we were at school.
(can't remember what I did last week, but that number is crystal clear) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1594773599724-png.46455

418M70
This was before the rotary dial, when you picked up the phone and the operator said:
"Number please?".
I was very young (6) but my mom made us kids memorize our number in case something happened while we were at school.
(can't remember what I did last week, but that number is crystal clear) :rolleyes:

Murry 8-6550. I think it was 758-6550

Or that may have been the time number.

Easy for me. Parents still have the same number
My mom still does too after they changed to rotary.
Old girlfriends still call for me every few years.
She breaks their heart and tells them I am happily married and wishes them a good day. :(

I have one, and use it, too.
Don't remember the phone number, but I was brought up with a working single mom and three teenage sisters that would go to the bowling alley to meet their boyfriends and forget about me. So I had a house key around my neck and my address memorized. It was 10240 Ryan Street. So I wouldn't get lost.

1594773599724-png.46455

721M40
"Number please?".
My Great Grandmother's number because she maintained a dwelling and us nomads didn't. Woodlawn 4-4562
or just WO4-4562

Phone number? 9192 no prefix we were on a 4 way party line.
I got real sick eating that gum. I had a wad of it in my mouth that I should have choked on. It lost flavor so I added more. I haven't chewed gum since.

Latest posts

Back