A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8c4bea393d14e804962d8c38be145554.jpg

I never did, but my dad did..

Jim

1594773599724-png.46455

721M40
This was before the rotary dial, when you picked up the phone and the operator said:
"Number please?".
I was very young (6) but my mom made us kids memorize our number in case something happened while we were at school.
(can't remember what I did last week, but that number is crystal clear) :rolleyes:

I don't know the phone number but I remember the address we had when I was in the 1st grade, for the 2nd time.....

A guy in Seattle bought a gas station that had an oil disposal tank. He would dump the used motor oil in it almost every day. Someone asked him how often he had to pump the tank. He said he never thought about it and had never had it pumped out. He moved the small concrete pad with the pipe sticking out of it and there was a 5-gallon bucket in the hole. Oil had been dumped in that hole for years. He foolishly alerted the county so they could get it cleaned up. Instead, they wrote him a huge ticket, shut down his business, and billed him for the cleanup. Thousands of yards of dirt had to be removed and properly disposed of. He tried to get the original owner to pay but the state said it was his problem. It ruined the guy.

A guy in Seattle bought a gas station that had an oil disposal tank. He would dump the used motor oil in it almost every day. Someone asked him how often he had to pump the tank. He said he never thought about it and had never had it pumped out. He moved the small concrete pad with the pipe sticking out of it and there was a 5-gallon bucket in the hole. Oil had been dumped in that hole for years. He foolishly alerted the county so they could get it cleaned up. Instead, they wrote him a huge ticket, shut down his business, and billed him for the cleanup. Thousands of yards of dirt had to be removed and properly disposed of. He tried to get the original owner to pay but the state said it was his problem. It ruined the guy.

Worked great on mangy dogs too.Before they put all the chemicals in it that is,now it would probably kill the dog.Mama would see a mangy stray dog take it home put burnt motor oil on it.

Now attach a motor to that and have a 2nd grader hold on to it and start the motor.

50 yards later I finally got the wheels off the ground to stop it just before i ran into a rail fence. Grandpa was laughing so hard he couldn't walk over to shut it off. I just sat there with it on the back wooden roller with the wheels off the ground until he turned it off.

It was kinda like this one only there were no controls on the handle. The way it took off on me I swear it had a v8.
unnamed.jpg

Back when radios were bigger than lawnmowers...
We had a 4 band radio in a cabinet like that. They were beautiful!
Dad got tired of pushing that old mower around and got a gas powered one. Still had to take it in and get it adjusted and sharpened every year but it cut the grass. Our job was to pick up all the yard darts, rocks and wood that accumulated on the lawn before he mowed. If we missed something he usually found it...

You all have seem the old Winchester repeating arms ads. Well I came up with s new one...

Winchester Repeating Arms
Don't make me repeat myself!

Latest posts

Back