A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Grandpa bought one of these color screens. It sat in front of his B&W TV. It was supposed to make the TV color. It didn't work and Grandpa took it back and demanded his money back.

02336c648443f1012b2c611e0779fcd6.jpg

OMG.. I remember those.

Jim

I worked for a record distributor years ago. Warehouse full of them. Employees could buy all they wanted for $3 each. I had to get a different job to earn some money. Lol. But I got some great albums.
IMO they sound so much better than the new digital music.

I worked for a record distributor years ago. Warehouse full of them. Employees could buy all they wanted for $3 each. I had to get a different job to earn some money. Lol. But I got some great albums.
IMO they sound so much better than the new digital music.

Lots of people are now into vynal. So many in our house that record distributor would have neen history in a short time. My brother did manage to keep things considring. Once they got threw with all my dools actaully tared and feartherd the last ones I had, Busket tar left over from roofing job. And my duck Joe supplied the feathers.They did;y kill him though.

My Grandparents had a radio and no TV. The only program they listened to was The Grand Ol Opry every Saturday night. Grandma would turn it on just as it started and turn it off as soon as it ended and then everyone went to bed.
That was innocent times. I would give anything to sit by the radio with Grandma and Grandpa and listen to The Grand Ol Opry.

My Grandparents had a radio and no TV. The only program they listened to was The Grand Ol Opry every Saturday night. Grandma would turn it on just as it started and turn it off as soon as it ended and then everyone went to bed.
That was innocent times. I would give anything to sit by the radio with Grandma and Grandpa and listen to The Grand Ol Opry.

I'd be happy just to talk to any of mine for a few minutes

My grandpa was my greatest hero.
Worked from before sun up to dark every day. He was a farmer. My grandma cooked like nothing I've ever had since.
We listened to radio at night , went to bed early and got up early . Our days were packed full of work and fun.
Miss them .

Jim

Me too.
WHERE DID YOU BURY THE GOLD?View attachment 47947gaah

That would not surprise me about mine in any way. They went thru the depression and never trusted banks for much. Mother found a large some of cash mamaw had stashed over the years..... in her freezer, labeled "mixed greens", and they were $20 to 100's. Several containers of them.

I quit smoking with those.
I'd get the retail box with the big plastic jug full of 'em, and the box to refill it.
You can't smoke with one of those in your cheek. It works.
Then I found out that cinnamon oil is far more addictive than nicotinegaah.
It took me 3 years to get off of Atomic Fireballs!
brickwall100.gif

(also found out that people are far more likely to bum jaw-breakers off of you than cigs.:()

Last edited:

I got close the that about 10 years ago. I spent 49 days in the mountains of N
Georgia panning and dredging for gold. No tv, No telephone. On Saturday night I could pick up one radio station and they had a bluegrass show starting at 9pm... That was the most enjoyable vacation I've had in 30 years. You can tell from the photo how much actual work I did.

gold creek (4).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back