A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got close the that about 10 years ago. I spent 49 days in the mountains of N
Georgia panning and dredging for gold. No tv, No telephone. On Saturday night I could pick up one radio station and they had a bluegrass show starting at 9pm... That was the most enjoyable vacation I've had in 30 years. You can tell from the photo how much actual work I did.

View attachment 48254
Wow. I sure could use some of that sitting by the creek time right about now

I'd have to have my fly rod with me...

Whatever Happened to S&H Green Stamps?

1597453434784.png

me, I remember. Got my first set of dishes before marriage at the grocery store, with each purchase another dish. Cutlery too.
Tupperware.
I bought stuff with green stamps. Most states had stopped. $2 bills, yes.
Flintstones jelly glasses.
Pop tarts had these wooden doll things you could order through the mail with a certain number of box tops. I had a few. Can't find a photo tho

Ashtray, maybe for cigars it's hard to know how big it is. We had one but it had a horse head on the handle.
I still have an ashtray someplace that has a GE logo on it. GE gave them to hospitals as advertising.
Times have changed and not encouraging people to smoke is one of the better changes. You would be arrested if you sat at the console of a CT scanner and smoked like we used to do.

I worked with a gal that was a fanatical Elvis fan. One day she says you know, Elvis wasn't fat when he died, he had lost a lot of weight.

I said I know, drugs do that to people.

I thought her head was going to explode. The look on her face was priceless.

I worked with a gal that was a fanatical Elvis fan. One day she says you know, Elvis wasn't fat when he died, he had lost a lot of weight.

I said I know, drugs do that to people.

I thought her head was going to explode. The look on her face was priceless.

I seen him about a few concerts before he died in Atlanta at Omni.

When America had talented entertainers who also loved America.

James Cagney played George M. Cohan in Yankee Doodle Dandy,Fantasitv movie if you haven't seen it.

Back