A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one time my hero .
I wore my cap pistols like him

FB_IMG_1610549756319.jpg

Jim

!973? or 1976? I had just bought a Gremlin in the spring of '73. It gave me 30mpg. I kept the '69 Chevvy pickup (13 MPG) but only drove it when I needed a truck.

The gas shortage and rationing with long lines started in late 1973-1974 .

I had a Dodge Superbee getting 6 mpg...wife made me trade it.

Jim

The gas shortage and rationing with long lines started in late 1973-1974 .

I had a Dodge Superbee getting 6 mpg...wife made me trade it.

Jim
The start of price increases came very shortly after the petroleum consortium (led by the Saudis) drastically reduced production to create a shortage, in the spring of '73. In VT and NH the gas price at the pump had reached the $1 mark by late summer. Many of the small, independent gas pump owners had lost their supply source by then.

[ My mention of 1976 exemplifies my encroaching senility. 1973 and 1976 were flood years in the Black River valley. Apparently, I concatenated the hard times.]
:ghostly:

Hint , one killed Custer, the other one was in show biz...
View attachment 57050

Jim
We don't know who finished off Custer.
There is something about Custer and The Little Bighorn that is very different from The 500 riding into The Valley of Death, or the Polish cavalry charging the German tanks. In the latter two cases the cavalry leaders knew what they were doing.

We don't know who finished off Custer.
There is something about Custer and The Little Bighorn that is very different from The 500 riding into The Valley of Death, or the Polish cavalry charging the German tanks. In the latter two cases the cavalry leaders knew what they were doing.
My point wasn't who finished off Custer. He decisions to lead his men into this battle and how he chose to array them is what killed him and his men

It was "Buffalo" Bill Cody. He hired Indians to play in his "Wild West Show".

Jim,
I'm not sure what you're talking about but I got some last night...

Latest posts

Back