A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever play with one of these?
View attachment 57769
Still have one in my tool box. Dwell/tach meter too.

I'd love to find a dowser to come out here and check out the place.

Speaking of water, I'm trying to find a thread someone posted of a you tube video of how to develop a spring. I have lost the link and really want to hang on to it.

Last edited:
Still have one in my tool box. Dwell/tach meter too.

I'd love to find a dowser to come out here and check out the place.

Speaking of water, I'm trying to find a thread someone posted of a you tube video of how to develop a spring. I have lost the link and really want to hang on to it.

I shared my playlist of the 2 springs I developed that can be found here.

The best resource I found on YouTube was Engineer775. See his channel here.

https://youtube.com/c/PracticalpreppersLLC
He does prepping projects for a living.
His developing a spring playlist can be found here.

Ben

When I did field work, we had a couple old school electricians who "dowsed" for buried power lines.
My brother used a bobcat to find a power line. It worked really well and only cost me $200.:p
I have dowsed buried water lines, no backhoe, I used 2 coat hangers cut and bent into an L.

I remember finding an above ground water meter with a corded electric lawn mower, the grass was really tall and all the sudden you hear this terrible noise, sparks and water shot out the top of the mower at the same time!

We were getting ready for a "guys" 21st birthday party as the water man arrived, he fixed the meter and had some refreshments, we never got a bill... Hope he got home safe. o_O

The mower kind of looked like this
1611750652715.png

The water meters here are about a foot below ground level. Hard to mow them.

The water meters here are about a foot below ground level. Hard to mow them.
Please explain what this is...
1611785912169.jpeg

In the desert they don't have to worry about a freeze, so sometimes they used to place them at the edge of the property line like this. Not good when you add an electric mower.

I know exactly what that is! It's BROKE! :)

When I moved from the Desert to the Mountains of Colorado, everything was different, how you drove, what there was to do: Colorado didn't even have a Drive-in movie! After I moved from Colorado to the East, they hunted deer with a shotgun, now what do I do with my MAG??? There are little differences all over the country that you wouldn't even think of...... until you got there...

Please explain what this is...View attachment 57874

In the desert they don't have to worry about a freeze, so sometimes they used to place them at the edge of the property line like this. Not good when you add an electric mower.
In Jerusalem the meters are outside the house on the street. The water heaters are on the roof and solar heated.
Ben

The wheels on that look like some at the end of our road. Just laying there.

I'd post some photos of them on antique tractor restoration websites. Somebody may be searching for rear wheels just like the ones you have. At least somebody may know exactly what you have and can tell you about them.

Not mine, at the end of the road on someone's field. Those big old spikey wheels can be found around here alot. But so can alot of old wheels, since tractor and buggy are how most travel here.
We've got some old something out in our field that I'll have to take a close look at when it warms up. It's got old wheels, too. Looks like some kind of very old farm equipment, but not a tractor.

I have an old horse drawn disk, a #7 McCormick horse drawn mowing machine that is fully functional except for needing ned knives on the blade. And my most treasured, my grand pa's old horse drawn dump hay rake that he modified to pull with his Farmall Cub. I always helped him get up his hay with that. Mamaw gave it to me when he passed.

@Terri9630 I've never seen one... They usually piled us kids in the back of the truck.

My mother used it in her pinto. There was a toy steering wheel on the dash for her go hold onto and she loved to pretend to drive.

I once lived in the town where Jell-O the dessert was invented... LeRoy, NY. It was a neat little town.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back