A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1613170359182.jpg

Jim

You are correct. Now I'm old and forgetful. :)
Well, it could be worse.
You could have a crystal-clear memory of every word spoken in that commercial, and have no clue where you put your shoes 10 minutes ago... like me. :(
Or finally get your shoes on, only to realize that you haven't put your pants on yet.
That is forgetful.
"Some new cereal, I'm not gonna try it, you try it..."

In PE class the teacher said the last 5 guys in the building had to run another lap. I started to jump over a cable that was stretched between railroad ties on the edge of the parking lot and another guy stepped on the cable a post down which caused the cable to rise up where I was jumping. I hooked my foot and face planted in the gravel parking lot. I was road rashed from my face to my feet. The PE teacher told 2 guys to grab me and he sprayed me down with Mercurochrome. I was on fire and red from head to toe. I had to go to the doctor to get the gravel picked out.

Does anyone remember the "public service ads" on tv back in the early 70's during the oil embargo with the teenage boy asking everyone to conserve saying the oild would run out and ending with him saying "Give us kids a chance."?
I keep looking for a video of the old commercial but so far I haven't found it.

Does anyone remember the "public service ads" on tv back in the early 70's during the oil embargo with the teenage boy asking everyone to conserve saying the oild would run out and ending with him saying "Give us kids a chance."?
I keep looking for a video of the old commercial but so far I haven't found it.
These are the ones I remember

They still have them. Companies get celebrities to make PSA. The current masks save lives PSA that states "we are all in this together" is one I really hate. Some halfwit sitting in their mansion by their pool is not in this with me.
I know they still have PSA's. I was asking about the one from the early 70's with the teenager begging adults to conserve gasoline.

Latest posts

Back