A Blast From The Past - Classic Ads or Images

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had these at school for recess..
FB_IMG_1617113809010.jpg

Jim

We had these at school for recess..
View attachment 62375

Jim
Playgrounds used to be filled with physics experiments.

See saw levers and mechanical advantage
Swings pendulums
Merry go round centrepital force angular momentum

But due to lawyers... Kids can't learn first hand that physics should be respected... The hard way.

Ben

The Grandkids like to jump the huge round hay bales when we go to my cousins. I guess they could break a leg if they fell.
My great uncle took me and my younger brother (bot the ones yall know) to his uncle's farm and left us unsupervised in the barn. My brother played in the mud of a pot hole but I was intrigued by the combine. I figured out there was a brake on the front and the back. It started rolling out if the barn headed right at ny brother. My uncle snatched him up just in time. I was never invited back.

Ben

My great uncle took me and my younger brother (bot the ones yall know) to his uncle's farm and left us unsupervised in the barn. My brother played in the mud of a pot hole but I was intrigued by the combine. I figured out there was a brake on the front and the back. It started rolling out if the barn headed right at ny brother. My uncle snatched him up just in time. I was never invited back.

Ben

If we ever went anywhere that had a barn or something, I headed there right away. If there was a tractor, thats where I would be found.

When I was a kid the favorite game around a barn was "poke the wasp nest". Who could poke the largest wasp nest with a stick and get out of the barn without being stung. If you got stung, you lost, literally.

In the house the game was "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in front of the fan, or what ever sound effect you could create.

fans.jpg

Latest posts

Back