A Canadian Intro

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshay

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hi Everyone, My name is John D. and I live near a small town in Manitoba. I am nearing retirement age and some of my interests are I like old machinery, steam engines, model engineering, classic country music, some big band music, some classic rock, and a few others interests, jokes and humor which is what brought me to this site a while ago. Nice to be here.
Thank You

Last edited:
Welcome from Alaska!

Hi Everyone, My name is John D. and I live near a small town in Manitoba. I am nearing retirement age and some of my interests are I like old machinery, steam engines, model engineering, classic country music, some big band music, some classic rock, and a few others interests, jokes and humor which is what brought me to this site a while ago. Nice to be here.
Thank You
Did someone mention steam engines?

Welcome

Ben

Nice engine Ben Neb. I have this live steamer 3 1/2 gauge 0-8-0
IMG_0595.JPG

John

Nice engine Ben Neb. I have this live steamer 3 1/2 gauge 0-8-0
View attachment 84668
John
Nice!

Do you have videos of it running?

I purchased brass rail for my father to put in a garden railroad. After he passed the rail came to me. It is in storage now. Before I get to that indulgence I will get the 2 HP engine running under steam. That needs a boiler, a regulator, and steam oiler. I may end up purchasing the boiler so I can it certified and inspected.

Ben

Hi Everyone, My name is John D. and I live near a small town in Manitoba. Nice to be here.
Thank You

Welcome from North Florida.
Artie Shaw, Gene Krupa, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, and lots of others are in my play list.
I am a 15+ year subscriber to SiriusXm mainly for 40's Junction, Willie's Roadhouse, Classic Vinyl, Bluegrass Junction, 60's Gold.

Latest posts

Back