A Dog Cot Bed

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We got the two old dogs this dog cot so they will be cool and not be on hard concrete porch floor.

They both really like them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coolaroo-Elevated-Pet-Bed-Medium-Brunswick-Green/14145972
84649737-28be-4422-b343-e8f17573ed94_1.ab9c5565ab944af3e451f67a523dc194.png

LOL how cute. Looks like an Aussie or Border Collie.
Vets best guess is Aussie/chow/xxx/yyy. Rescue dog, and knows stuff (Scary smart in some areas, stubborn as a box of rocks in others), but didn't come with a manual, so we do training and some reverse engineering to find out the mutual grounds. :) It has been a very interesting 18 months so far :)

BTW, Nice boat, Teddy and I are envious :)

@Meerkat those beds are fantastic for dogs who are older and have arthritis as it takes the pressure points away from them. We had a cat that had a completely enclosed dog kennel with the same base as that and she loves it and so does our current cat in summer.

@dademoss that dog is so relaxed on the lounge and has clearly claimed it as his or her own :) . Our cat just curls up on our bed but in summer sleeps on a towel on a chair.

@Meerkat those beds are fantastic for dogs who are older and have arthritis as it takes the pressure points away from them. We had a cat that had a completely enclosed dog kennel with the same base as that and she loves it and so does our current cat in summer.

I know and we can tell a difference already in the one with a bad back. We bought 2 large ones though and we could have got by with a medium size.
Next we ordered medium for trips in van and tent camping that on't take up so much room. They are perfect size too.

Vets best guess is Aussie/chow/xxx/yyy. Rescue dog, and knows stuff (Scary smart in some areas, stubborn as a box of rocks in others), but didn't come with a manual, so we do training and some reverse engineering to find out the mutual grounds. :) It has been a very interesting 18 months so far :)

BTW, Nice boat, Teddy and I are envious :)

Thank you @dademoss .
I must have just saw your post or forgot to hit ' post reply '.

Thank you. I have been meaning to get one for my dog but never got around to it. I just ordered it.

BackL, I think your dog will love it. I know both of mine do. At first hey were a little nervous getting on it. But they got over that quick. :)

BackL, I think your dog will love it. I know both of mine do. At first hey were a little nervous getting on it. But they got over that quick. :)
I hope so. We took her to the vet yesterday and she has a bad back. The old vet completely missed that and gave her pain meds for arthritis. New vet said they didn't help.
He has had great success treating dogs with back problems using hormones. He said in almost every case the dog got much better and lived a normal life.
He said no other vet will even try it but he knows from results it works.
I really like this new(to me) vet. He's been in business over 40 years and to top it all off he is cheap. Office visit is $32.58 with tax.
Thanks again for nudging me off my procrastinating ways. :)

I hope so. We took her to the vet yesterday and she has a bad back. The old vet completely missed that and gave her pain meds for arthritis. New vet said they didn't help.
He has had great success treating dogs with back problems using hormones. He said in almost every case the dog got much better and lived a normal life.
He said no other vet will even try it but he knows from results it works.
I really like this new(to me) vet. He's been in business over 40 years and to top it all off he is cheap. Office visit is $32.58 with tax.
Thanks again for nudging me off my procrastinating ways. :)

Glad you have a good vet now.

Back