A male that sews

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can recycle plastic into yarn.
Then knit or crochet sleeping mats.
It's called plarn.
I make it periodically for homeless
=== ===
Many, many years ago my mother, grandmother, aunt used to weave about 3' diameter throw rugs from plastic bread bags.. They worked great as an area rug inside the door... They lasted longer than you would expect, were easy to make, and replaceable as needed...

A number of winters ago.. I had an old thrift store sewing machine.. It was an older Kenmore with steel gears and tuned up to run very well.. I made craft things like custom size gun case sleeves and tote bags from 40-50lb bird seed, chicken feed, rabbit feed bags.. I had neighbors that saved bags for me.. I gave away a ton of totes.. I also traded a lot of tote bags to the Mennonite lady vendors at a couple different local farmers markets..

I also was given a number of both white and forest green lab coats.. These were 4X size and ankle length... I painted them up in various woodland and winter camo patterns to ware in a blind for predator hunting..

Latest posts

Back