A real life chuckle

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
This should make you chuckle
I use PayPal for my little online leather sales. And I recently used them on a buy now pay later credit type of deal
Mind you, the pay later is owned by PayPal

Came time to make a payment
No biggie, opened the app and attempted to pay pay pal using my pay pal balance in my account
Oh no, seems they do not recognize my account. What to do?
Called customer service and talked to a computer that had no clue, did not know what a clue is.
Finally I got through to at lady at the local 7/11 because that is who it sounded like and was told that pay pal does not accept PayPal as payment
I laughed at lady and asked if she was fer reals

Another paypl twist... A bank I do business with, evidently they did some underhanded deals more than a decade ago, charged "some" credit card account holders for insurance. Long story short...

They had to refund those monies. I got $12... but they didn't send out checks or deposit it in the checking account I have there. They refunded via paypal.

Now ppal won't add a credit(refund) to the card I have on account with them... because that card in on the same bank that sent me the refund!

They require a different bank/checking account be attached to my ppl account. But it can't be at the bank who sent the refund... And it can't be another credit card, has to be a checking account.

And I'm not about to attach any checking account to a ppl account given their security issues in the past.

Guess I'll never get the $12 (stuck in ppl limbo). At this point I'm curious to see how many notices they'll send me about this matter.

Last edited:
Another paypl twist... A bank I do business with, evidently they did some underhanded deals more than a decade ago, charged "some" credit card account holders for insurance. Long story short...

They had to refund those monies. I got $12... but they didn't send out checks or deposit it in the checking account I have there. They refunded via paypal.

Now ppal won't add a credit(refund) to the card I have on account with them... because that card in on the same bank that sent me the refund!

They require a different bank/checking account be attached to my ppl account. But it can't be at the bank who sent the refund... And it can't be another credit card, has to be a checking account.

And I'm not about to attach any checking account to a ppl account given their security issues in the past.

Guess I'll never get the $12 (stuck in ppl limbo). At this point I'm curious to see how many notices they'll send me about this matter.
Sounds like the whole deal was crooked, from the very beginning.

Could you find something you need and spend the $12 on it?

Nope, because it's not a plus $12 credit on my ppl acount. It's a refund, a separate transaction, once they refund it to a checking account of my choice I can spend it anyway I want.

It's not worth the $12...
He, hee! Money you can see but not touch.
I ran into the same problem when I retired and rolled over my 401K into an IRA here.
A ton of paperwork, signed off by many people was required.
I rolled all of it out and thought I was done. :thumbs:
After it was all out, there was some 'dividend poop' that landed on the floor of the account shortly thereafter ~$248.
I just left it there.
Every month they would send me a statement....for 4 years:oops:.
In December they moved it to another account (in the same bank) in my name (not the company's 401K's name), taking a big chunk out of it for fees.
$191 is still floating around out there.... somewhere.
Look, but don't touch!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back