A Very "SERIOUS" Question about "Prepping" for "THE FINAL EXAM"....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm....I...either we are talking about two different things.....or we have had VASTLY different online experiences. I've seen and participated in so much of that talk its frankly boring at this point.

When it comes to it, if you lose all your freedom, your not prepping. You're just doing what you are told. There is no prepping for that, you just accept it.

If FACED with losing all your freedom, you fight. I think almost all of us have prepped to some degree to NOT lose all our freedom, at least not before we lose our lives.

But when it comes to it, I think most of us are prepared to be insurgents. I think its where most preppers start out at and eventually move on from to bigger things. Maybe that is why we don't talk about it. I know 100 times more people who are ready to be terrorists than who are ready to be farmers.

Or maybe because we get uncomfortable talking about how to run a terror campaign in our own country. Most forums kinda frown on that talk except in a generalized way.

99.999% of the postings about the topic of invasions I have seen have been about prepping for home invasions on a more "normal" level (which includes criminals or even the fabled zombie hordes) than being overtaken by military force, which is a totally different animal than most of us can fathom.

No one can withstand that kind of invasion without fighting and suiciding their way out of it. That is why it is the biggest elephant in the room. So no one talks about it. But it bears mentally preparing for it. I may be able to only hide for so long, even in a remote area. It is my nature to think ahead for Plan F...as in FUBAR. To prepare myself for the unthinkable, as well as for the more likely things.

Last edited:
If you live well away from humans, hunting and fishing regulations are void, all firearms regulations are void, nearly all laws and regulations only exist because of enforcement, fear of enforcement, threat of enforcement. Take away all enforcement and there only the rules you "Choose" to live by.

99.999% of the postings about the topic of invasions I have seen have been about prepping for home invasions on a more "normal" level (which includes criminals or even the fabled zombie hordes) than being overtaken by military force, which is a totally different animal than most of us can fathom.

No one can withstand that kind of invasion without fighting and suiciding their way out of it. That is why it is the elephant in the room.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay-behind

No one can withstand that kind of invasion without fighting and suiciding their way out of it. That is why it is the elephant in the room.

That is why I keep saying, "Find a place to hide, and take lots of food". That is why my plan (until two'ish years ago) was to fall back further and further into the wilderness, that was the whole point of having 37 deep survival caches spread out over 55'ish miles of wilderness.

I may be able to only hide for so long, even in a remote area. It is my nature to think ahead for Plan F...as in FUBAR. To prepare myself for the unthinkable, as well as for the more likely things.

I encourage others to do what they can to MENTALLY (and for some, spiritually) prepare for the unthinkable... if or when your favorite plans fail.

That's it in a nutshell.

No one can withstand that kind of invasion without fighting and suiciding their way out of it. That is why it is the biggest elephant in the room. So no one talks about it. But it bears preparing for it. I may be able to only hide for so long, even in a remote area. It is my nature to think ahead for Plan F...as in FUBAR. To prepare myself for the unthinkable, as well as for the more likely things.

Like I said, I guess we have hung out in entirely different crowds. Ever since I was a teenager we've been talking about 'when the russians come, when the chinese come.....when the canadians come...we've brainstormed our own Red Dawn so much....I got bored with it.

If you want to talk about it though...I'm game. Just surprised you haven't already talked the subject to death.

Really, all you have to do is look at what has been going on in Afghanistan for the last 20 years....err 100 years.....for a model of how citizens can make life so costly for invaders that they give up and leave.

I am substantially convinced that America was overthrown November 2020. The new "rulers" (who ever they are) are simply waiting for (or setting up) the massive dramatic event where-in the people of America will "Be Begging" them to come forward and lead them.

for a model of how citizens can make life so costly for invaders that they give up and leave.

Like I said, I guess we have hung out in entirely different crowds. Ever since I was a teenager we've been talking about 'when the russians come, when the chinese come.....when the canadians come...we've brainstormed our own Red Dawn so much....I got bored with it.

If you want to talk about it though...I'm game. Just surprised you haven't already talked the subject to death.

Really, all you have to do is look at what has been going on in Afghanistan for the last 20 years....err 100 years.....for a model of how citizens can make life so costly for invaders that they give up and leave.

i just told someone recently the taliban are now 2-0 fight world super powers...flip flops and ak's defeated both #1 and #2 worlds most powerful army...u.s.s.r. and u.s. 10 years first one and 20 years second. see the vid of them taking big city over driving u.s. humvees and taking over the big base we left. its got towers and fantastic facilities garage for repairs,landing pad and much much more...and walled none the less.

Stay-behind operations of significant size existed during World War II. The United Kingdom put in place the Auxiliary Units. Partisans in Axis-occupied Soviet territory in the early 1940s operated with a stay-behind element.[1][2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay-behind#cite_note-2

This was my introduction to this as a formal strategy. One of my favorite series is "Wartime Farm" and there was an episode where they talked about this and that there where british familes where both the husband and the wife where enrolled in the auxillaries and held it so secret the other didn't find out until after they died.

I'm trying to rebuild my preps after having a great deal of it stolen or ruined. It isn't easy going through everything and building it back. I used to have pretty good money and was preped out the ass. Now, I have very little money and trying to get the basics.
I need to go back too "selecting a time" to go too. Meaning, Pick a time in history that I can be comfortable living in. Like 1700, 1800, 1850.

I may be thinking about the "final" exam a little differently. I assume that there will be just a few questions:
Did I live my life well? Was I honest?
Did I prepare my children to live their lives independently and well?
Did I help anyone else learn the lessons that I have learned along the way?

Until the final exam I expect a lot of pass/fail quizzes that cover the earthly things like:
Being snowed in without power or heat
Loosing a job or income
Dealing with unwelcome visitors
Learning to make due with limited resources
Living in a world that has lost it's moral compass, without losing my way
And the list goes on and on.......

Each quiz is an event and after each quiz you have to score yourself and ask the question what did I learn and how can I be better prepared the next time?

Last edited:
A question I would expect on the final exam: How long do you think you will last/survive?

A question I would expect on the final exam: How long do you think you will last/survive?
I wonder if I can talk the Dr into giving me a 1 year supply of blood pressure medicine?

Otherwise 3 months max and then it will be one day at a time.

Ben

I wonder if I can talk the Dr into giving me a 1 year supply of blood pressure medicine?

Ben

That will be true for many of us, and I have raised the question before. It won't matter how well prepared you are or think you are, or where you live, or what you do. If you have an existing condition that requires maintenance medication, or if you have a medical event i.e. heart attack, stroke, severe mechanical injury if you don't have access to professional medical help you will be SOL.

Ben
Ben you need to be looking at alternative AKA natural remedies there are lots of "weeds" and foods that will lower blood pressure. IIRC garlic will also lower it some and maybe onions.

That would largely depend on how large a group of people find me at one time. Without outside interference indefinitely. For the last 13 years I have been prepping this place to thrive when everything crashes. I am now at the point where I feel pretty good about what I can handle here far as animals and crops go.

That will be true for many of us, and I have raised the question before. It won't matter how well prepared you are or think you are, or where you live, or what you do. If you have an existing condition that requires maintenance medication, or if you have a medical event i.e. heart attack, stroke, severe mechanical injury if you don't have access to professional medical help you will be SOL.
I have to laugh at the irony.

I was looking to get all of my teeth pulled to rid myself of a dependence on dental care. But the anesthesiologist insisted I get a physical when the high pressure was found.

Just when I thought I was moving toward freedom...

Ben

or if you have a medical event i.e. heart attack, stroke, severe mechanical injury if you don't have access to professional medical help you will be SOL.

This why it important to "Practice-Practice-Practice". So I did three heart attacks Dec. 23, 2020 with no phones or internet working for eleven days, Day after day wishing the phones in the entire area would start working, finally a few days after Christmas, I put a note in the mailbox, begging the mailman to contact the Alaska State Troopers, and have them but a fire under the ass of the utility company. About three hours later, to my surprise and bewilderment there was a EMT team outside the cabin door, complete with sled to drag the body off the mountain. They climbed up here through five feet of snow, in the dark and dead of winter. The cabin is so small there was only room for one of them to come inside.

There will be no take it backs. Preps are fine but get your heart right with Jesus and harden your hearts with the conviction Joshua and Caleb! It will not be about what one has done it will be about what needs to be done when that test happens.

You do realize there is going to be a "Final Exam",........Right....???

You are clear that this is not a "practice run" a "training drill" or a "game"........Right...???

So what you expect to be on the "Final Exam"......??? (specifically your personal exam)

THE final examination.

"11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:11-15

THE final examination.

"11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:11-15
Amen

Ben

This why it important to "Practice-Practice-Practice". So I did three heart attacks Dec. 23, 2020 with no phones or internet working for eleven days, Day after day wishing the phones in the entire area would start working, finally a few days after Christmas, I put a note in the mailbox, begging the mailman to contact the Alaska State Troopers, and have them but a fire under the ass of the utility company. About three hours later, to my surprise and bewilderment there was a EMT team outside the cabin door, complete with sled to drag the body off the mountain. They climbed up here through five feet of snow, in the dark and dead of winter. The cabin is so small there was only room for one of them to come inside.

What happened after that?

(Glad you're OK now!)

Latest posts

Back