A woman roughing It In Sweden, Ice Bathes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with a lot of what she says about what she loves about the north. The pink lights common this time of year, the long dark nights of winter, the prolonged twilight and the extreme changes of the seasons, Let me go watch the one Sourdough just posted.

I just watched the video that Sourdough linked and found it excelled too. I don’t normally watch such videos but the cinematography was excellent and the subject was very kind to the eye. It’s hard not to appreciate the natural beauty of the northern environment and everything else.

A friend that I work with takes a dip into Lake Superior, including swims under the ice, every day for over a year.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news...rbors/89-7497aa23-fa2d-4bcd-b172-e5b2d4cdbc6e

Cabi,the last time I was seriously meditating on nature I was about 12. I'd go to the bottom of our lake and stick my fingers into the red mud to anchor myself and watch the fish bounce off my face,some would nibble on my nose or just be sstill in the water and staie back aat me,.I could hold my breath for a very long time.Helped later in life having good lungs diving. I would jump into water offshore in ocean aand see if I could bring sand up from bottom to prove I was here,maybe a couple granuels by time I reahed surface,lol.

No balancing stones here,would have to have them imported.We'er sand castles or hour glass country. Ironic I grew up on the largest known rock on earth aka Stone Mountain which is 2/3s underground.Maybe I can buy some rocks from Loews?

Ice Baths!
As a child I was told that not wearing a hat would could me to get sick & die.
Now Md's are telling me to take D &K2 to stay heathy in the winter, it started when I was going to a lot of Doc's for afib.
I was surprised that they even believed in D & K 2, this was before C-19, so this is not aint vacs talk.

Its good this couple is learning to do things now instead of later.If shtf they will be just fine.

Latest posts

Back