A words on squats and other leg exercises

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The muscles in our legs are our largest.. and therefore most important.
For the longest time since I run fairly regularly I never did squats and other leg exercises , (leg press etc)
Thought it wasnt needed due to my running.

but in recent months I have..

Today I went running and I could really feel how much more functional my legs have become because of it.
Big difference even running up long hills which in the past would slow me down to a shuffle was now still taken as a run...

Last edited:
The muscles in our legs are our largest.. and there for most important.
For the longest time since I run fairly regularly I ever did squats and other leg exercises , (leg press etc)
but in recent months I have..

Today I went running and I could really feel how much more functional my legs have become because of it.
Big difference even running up long hills which in the past would slow me down to a shuffle was now still taken as a run...

Yep, often overlooked by those wanting more overall strength, power, and stamina. I am not the weight lifter I once was and I no longer push the heaviest weight, but I would never get rid of my leg routine. Too important.

Legs are important for sure, and the glutes often get overlooked as they are a part of everything our upper legs do. I consider core, glutes, and legs as a whole, and my core and glutes is sadly lacking.

Latest posts

Back