A Year In Hell

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
this is a soht story of a man and his family who survived collapse and civil war in bosnia and what they faced hygeine problems, water food shortages, govt trying to confiscate guns in the beginning, money being worthless, the importantance of small trade goods and some things that are critical to make sure you have. this is being read by alaska prepper, a former mil guy who is a smart guy. id bet most here already know these things or have read the whole story but it never hurts to re-view some things.+ short video less than 30 min and a good one i thought. even for thodse of us who live in rural areas, he has some excellent tips. hope this helps someone.

Indeed, lots of Good 'gems to glean' from that "account" / this summary-vid, so (NOT 'dissing' your post / highlighting it, Mz Jazz.. :) but.. Is important to have 'alt-perspectives', and - IF - this is based on 'Selco's experience / account of things (which it seems..) well.. Here's just some 'Alt-food for thought':

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/t...smart-right-about-now.9106/page-7#post-384440 🤔

Fwiw, as, Indeed, there's still many good thoughts / advice to be gleaned from his 'account', but.. Imo, also important to 'sift' thru it, 'measure against' Other Info / accounts we've read, of other similar 'SHTF scenarios', etc, and not simply take Selcos account as 'the Only Gospel that matters', etc..

jd

i dont disagree with you sojer. i like finding multiple accounts of something. 2 people can be in the same store robbery but see and experience and remember different parts. not unnormal. . . . thanks for the link, it kinda had opinion but no actual evidence selco was say, extrapolating as suggested. might be right. his experiences will be differetn from others for a wide variety of reasons. do people who suffer trauma in a war zone for a whole year trying to just survive remember everything perfectly later? do they forget things or leave things out cause they just cant talk about it?

im thinking that ones experience of shtf can differ from others depending on how close one is to the fan.

well, selco gives good advice on things to watch for, prepare for, items that may be more important that others needed to get thru difficult times.if itr helps someone that is a good thing.

ferfal is pretty good too, from argentina . i think he still does a podcast with matt bracken.

i dont disagree with you sojer. i like finding multiple accounts of something. 2 people can be in the same store robbery but see and experience and remember different parts. ..

ferfal is pretty good too, from argentina ...

Right on. 👍 Yeah I, too, was like 'Wow', when others (like 'HC', there..) pointed out that some of "Selco"s stuff may have been more leaning towards fiction than non, but..

..Regardless, there Still are good points / thoughts to Glean (ie: Who of us have not 'learned a thing or two' from Tom Clancy or William Forstchen, etc, etc..) and Yeah, 'FerFal', there, has some good thoughts, here / there.. He was also fairly active on 'SB' (Survivalist Boards), the 'Mosh Pit' from whence I was rescued.. :)

Truly, There is Something to be Learned from Everybody (and sometimes, that's What Not to Do, ya know? Take (many) Zommiefornians for example.. 'You could learn a Lot from a Dummy'.. :p

..jk, Thankfully, we have 'Gold Nuggets' like Grimm and RR, and others I can't think of, right now, that Prove that 'Not All are Lost', out here... 'Freedom Consitpated', certainly ;) but Good Apples, nonetheless..

jd

Any local story I hear I wait until I have heard it three times before I will repeat it. I caution other people I know to consider doing the same. News stories? I like to have them triangulated also.

Latest posts

Back