Accuquilt GO! Anyone have one?

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Double R

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Does anyone have one of their systems? If so what’s your take on them if you have bad hands? Which do you have? Do you regret your purchase? Would you buy one again?

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I do not have one. But from groups I am on, it s a love or hate relationship. No many in the middle. Did you look into buying a used one?

Double R

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I do not have one. But from groups I am on, it s a love or hate relationship. No many in the middle. Did you look into buying a used one?
Interesting. I only saw one YouTube review that was negative. Seemed a bit suspicious to me all the reviews are positive.

I haven’t seen any used ones for sale.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
From what I gather if you make a lot of 1 kind of quilt it is worth it. Like a quilt that takes 1” squares or a log cabin. It does cut strips but seems to waste some fabric. I think it depends on how many quilts you make.

Double R

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
That’s what I’ve been noticing as well. I worry how fast the blades wear out too. The dies aren’t cheap even on sale so if they wear out quickly I’m not sure it’s worth it. I’m having hand problems and looking at this as a way to keep doing quilts and projects. I don’t do that many a year. That’s part of why I’ve been looking at the manual vs the motorized. It would be lighter use.

lilmissy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What kind of hand problems you having? If you are looking for strips and squares I use a bathroom suction cup handle and put that on my rulers, easy to hold rulers. If you are looking to say, cut out lots of hexi or something like that, maybe look into a cricut machine.

Double R

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I can’t grip much anymore or push down for long to hold the ruler in place. My back doesn’t appreciate the mending much anymore either.
I’ll look at the bathroom suction cup handle! Thanks for that tip! Genius!
I’m working on several different quilts. Most smaller pieces. One is a double wedding ring.
I have a silhouette cutter and it can cut fabric but it’s soooooo slow when your cutting smaller pieces and not the greatest for lots of pieces. Wears out blades and mats fairly quickly.
Thanks for the tips and responses! :huggs:

Latest posts