Accuquilt GO! Anyone have one?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what I’ve been noticing as well. I worry how fast the blades wear out too. The dies aren’t cheap even on sale so if they wear out quickly I’m not sure it’s worth it. I’m having hand problems and looking at this as a way to keep doing quilts and projects. I don’t do that many a year. That’s part of why I’ve been looking at the manual vs the motorized. It would be lighter use.

What kind of hand problems you having? If you are looking for strips and squares I use a bathroom suction cup handle and put that on my rulers, easy to hold rulers. If you are looking to say, cut out lots of hexi or something like that, maybe look into a cricut machine.

I can’t grip much anymore or push down for long to hold the ruler in place. My back doesn’t appreciate the mending much anymore either.
I’ll look at the bathroom suction cup handle! Thanks for that tip! Genius!
I’m working on several different quilts. Most smaller pieces. One is a double wedding ring.
I have a silhouette cutter and it can cut fabric but it’s soooooo slow when your cutting smaller pieces and not the greatest for lots of pieces. Wears out blades and mats fairly quickly.
Thanks for the tips and responses! :huggs:

Congratulations!
I couldn't justify the cost when I want to save for so many other things like a new or new to me Grace quilt frame.
Thank you! I got a few dies for my bday also so i have a start. I don’t know that I could have justify the cost either. It’s pretty pricy for what it is. I didn’t get the power one. Just a hand crank but it’s really great so far. I’ve already used it quite a bit for binding and stuff.

Well I’ve gone and done it. I’ve used the heck outta this unit. Glad I got it. It’s been really helpful. I’ve used it so much that I’ve injured my shoulder. 😂 My aunt offered to split the go big (motor model) with me if i wanted it. Waited for a good Black Friday sale and got it. I still think they charge to much normally but the deal I got made it easier. More like what it should normally be. Think maybe I can still finish the quilts I’d planned on before Christmas. 🤞

Rag Quilts completed and ready for the wash.
7DAAB439-2AE8-43F5-91F3-012D7FFBF63A.jpeg
E8BCB6F3-5D98-4322-929E-C7A14C363EEE.jpeg
Work in progress
347F215F-F781-40AD-8137-1863F1F3200A.jpeg

Back