Added more to the family.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
We went to Rural King today and got 3 Khaki Campbell and 3 Rouen ducklings. That brings our total to 11 ducks and well,2 Canadian geese that are ours that aren't here much since they prefer spending their time at 1 or the other of our neighbors with ponds. I also ordered 6 African Grey geese eggs online to try and hatch.
mhdxgu7.jpg

F1MIOh4.jpg

We went to Rural King today and got 3 Khaki Campbell and 3 Rouen ducklings. That brings our total to 11 ducks and well,2 Canadian geese that are ours that aren't here much since they prefer spending their time at 1 or the other of our neighbors with ponds. I also ordered 6 African Grey geese eggs online to try and hatch.
mhdxgu7.jpg

F1MIOh4.jpg

How cute , always enjoy our little chicks when we bring them home.

Loving those babies. Just sold all our ducks last week to the track coach. Too hard to move. Missing them already
I know what you mean. When our 4 ducks got ran over all at once a few years ago in the fall,it was a long winter without any ducks. I couldn't wait until Spring to get more.

Little granddaughter just saw baby chickee #1 hatch in the incubator. Now she's sitting on a chair she moved over to the incubator, with her nose pressed to the incubator to watch. Bedtime for her, though, told her to run out and see how many in the morning. As fun as Christmas

Little granddaughter just saw baby chickee #1 hatch in the incubator. Now she's sitting on a chair she moved over to the incubator, with her nose pressed to the incubator to watch. Bedtime for her, though, told her to run out and see how many in the morning. As fun as Christmas
Yeah it is pretty interesting,but a long process usually.

I'm up to 4 goslings now,so far the 5th 1 hasn't done anything. I'll give it 1 more day then I'll candle it and see if it's still moving in there.

We love little chics and ducklings.
Yall are making me want ot get more ducks but really can't right now.

Eleven so far. Little granddaughter has been naming them all. Then I noticed that they're all boy's names. So I told her that maybe half will be boys. But I hope for more girls than half. She thought about it and said, "Well then the girls will lay eggs and we'll hatch more chicks, and we'll be in business".
I have a new chicken partner.

There's not any difference between the 2,they take the same time and humidity.

Congrats on the chicks,I bet they're so adorable. Hopefully you have some good layers there.

At the Iowa State Fair they have a big building full of critters ready to pop out their babies. Cows, pigs, goats, etc. - and chicks and ducklings. My daughter still loves to go watch the incubators. There's over a hundred eggs in there at any given time and you can see them start to wiggle, then the chick starts busting out. She likes that better than the piglets or calves. I can't let her see the pics of y'all's ducklings or chicks - she's liable to start begging for some!

At the Iowa State Fair they have a big building full of critters ready to pop out their babies. Cows, pigs, goats, etc. - and chicks and ducklings. My daughter still loves to go watch the incubators. There's over a hundred eggs in there at any given time and you can see them start to wiggle, then the chick starts busting out. She likes that better than the piglets or calves. I can't let her see the pics of y'all's ducklings or chicks - she's liable to start begging for some!
Nothing wrong with that at all,get her some. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back