• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Adult/Juvenile Chicken prices.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilliams0916

New Friend
Neighbor
I recently ordered a few too many Cornish Cross chicks. I want to sell or trade a few of them. I also will have 2 Black Giant Roosters. How much are adult chickens selling for now? I am having a hard time finding that information. Thanks!

I recently ordered a few too many Cornish Cross chicks. I want to sell or trade a few of them. I also will have 2 Black Giant Roosters. How much are adult chickens selling for now? I am having a hard time finding that information. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! Would you go to the introduction section and introduce yourself, please?

It depends where you are located, and that determines the price of the birds. Where I lived in New Mexico, I had a hard time giving away roosters because people couldn't keep them in some areas. Where I live now, you can get $10 for a good looking rooster. Cornish Cross are another ball of wax entirely because city people want pet hens that give them eggs, and do not want to butcher a meat bird after 8 to 10 weeks. So it would have to be sold to someone who butchers chickens. A cornish cross is worth more the older it is. I personally would pay $2.50 for a week old cornish, and $4 for an 8 week old cornish. But I'm pretty cheap. Check Cackle Hatcheries price on cornish, and calculate in the shipping.

Roosters are free here in S.C., I have been given 10 rooster, not all at once, because they can not be kelp in the city.
I even got ten hen free, because the soldier could not ship them.

Latest posts

Back