Advice to your young self ( about high school grad age)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, Cher was in that video? I never made it past Raquel Welch...

Wait.........I thought it was a "Bra" commercial. "Cup" size training.

On a serious note: The advise I wish I have received at high school graduation. Read "Burning Daylight" by: Jack London.

Read it once a year for the next ten years, then once every other year till death. If you are ever confused about your priorities in your life, immediately reread "Burning Daylight" by: Jack London.

After you have read it several times, you only need reread the last two chapters to get your head straight.

Sourdough, I started reading this today only to realize I read it for the first time last year. It is a excellent story, I had just forgot the name of the book.

it is what it is yall
choosing the path of least resistance
choosing the path that makes ya happy
things have to work out the way they do for other things to happen
some of us just too darn hard-headed
some of us too proud
some of us had to learn the hard way
some had great mentors
some had angels buffering their every move
and in some cases its genetic!

I wish I had a "great mentor" back then. I love my parents, but they are horrible with money. If someone would have explained a couple simple principals to me, as far as finances, I'd be far better off since saving is quite doable for me (never "easy" but certainly doable.)

Not all get to see the world. And for many the world they see they don't like.But yes many do get to see some of the world and thats neat. :thumbs:
I have seen the excellence views of the world, fantastic views of the world,great view of the world, good views of the world, neat views of the world, the not good views of the world, bad views of the world, and why in the heck are we here view of the world.
Pretty much has seen the world in many different aspects.

Latest posts

Back