African Violets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a pink and purple African Violet about a month ago. We have our house listed with a realtor and I put those in the window and bought an orchid for dining room table to add a little color. I add a little water to the saucer every few days. I really need to dead head them. I have them in a window with more of an eastern exposure. Years ago I had many different colors. I enjoy them without flowers too.

I never was very good with them. Unless I bought them with flowers already on them, the next year they would die. Then my Daddy died in 2012 and I took his plant home. I figured I would keep it as long as I could. Well it is still going strong, even though where I lived before, the house was dark and very cold in winter. I was always moving my house plants around trying to keep them from freezing at night when the stoves were banked back. Since I have moved and have awesome windows my plants are coming back and thriving. My African Violet has had many blossoms on since I moved here.

daddys_viloet_basket.JPG

The windows have become my garden! Actually, most of my neighbors here have small dogs or cats and I often see cats in the windows of the various apartments.

Latest posts

Back