Air Fryers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NannyPatty, Phideaux started this thread about them a while ago. The one thing I have learned about such things is that Walmart is the last place to buy them. You can get a better price for things there, but they have appliances such as this that are made with less quality. I believe it is better to get appliances at other places. Where? I can't really tell you, but maybe Amazon? I hope someone else can speak to this.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/all-about-air-fryers.896/

It looks like you posted there and there are some recommendations there.

I bought mine at Kohls (using several coupons) and have never had a problem with it. I've had it over a year.

I use mine at least once per week for fries, onion rings, hash browns, califlauer tots, etc. I haven't tried any meat in it yet though.

I love it in the summer b/c it doesn't emit a lot of heat like the stove or oven. But it is large and bulky so it takes up a lot of space in the cabinet. I could leave it out on the counter, but I already have too may things accumulating on the counter.

NannyPatty, Phideaux started this thread about them a while ago. The one thing I have learned about such things is that Walmart is the last place to buy them. You can get a better price for things there, but they have appliances such as this that are made with less quality. I believe it is better to get appliances at other places. Where? I can't really tell you, but maybe Amazon? I hope someone else can speak to this.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/all-about-air-fryers.896/

It looks like you posted there and there are some recommendations there.
I completely forgot about this thread! I even posted on it! Air fryers have much improved in the last year though. Im using my work adm as a trial before I buy and the difference between my daughters and the one I have right now is night and day!

We have an air fryer. It cooks fast and does a good job. It was on sale for around $50 so it didn't break the bank.
It makes the absolute best chicken wings. Crispy and juice. Burritos, chimichangas, fish sticks, and other frozen food is really good. Bacon is one of my favorite things to cook in it. One thing that really surprised me was toasted cheese sandwiches. They were great. The bread was actually toasted perfectly and the cheese was nicely melted.
Contrary to what some people think, my wife, you do need to use a little oil. It will dry out food if you don't watch the time and temperature.
Wife made pork chops in it and they were really bad. I felt guilty feeding them to the dogs.

I completely forgot about this thread! I even posted on it! Air fryers have much improved in the last year though. Im using my work adm as a trial before I buy and the difference between my daughters and the one I have right now is night and day!
It was a while ago, and it is easy to forget things, at least it is for me.

I have the Cuisinart TAO-60. It costs more than a regular air fryer but its far more versatile. It's basically a small convection oven. I can use it to keep food warm, as a toaster oven. I can bake, air bake and air fry with it.

I use it everyday for something. There is a bit of a learning curve for this thing. It tends to cook hotter than the temperature you select.

The TAO-60 is on my list when my current toaster oven dies (Peanut, I'll be asking for more help when I get one) :). Currently I am experimenting with a 5Q $50 buck Costco air fryer (https://www.costco.com/Gourmia-5-Qt-Digital-Air-Fryer.product.100404905.html) . Zeroing in on time for fish sticks. Tater tots, and Mozzarella sticks. Nothing inedible so far, but nothing perfect either. Getting close on fish sticks :)

My bride just got us one. She got a heck of a deal on a “boxed damaged” Cosori from Amazon. Haven’t tried it though, and probably will leave it in the box until after we move. The box was damaged, but the unit itself was not. I think she saved 20-25 dollars off the price of new. I am hoping it will get used more than the magic pot she purchased last winter. We used it once and it sits on the shelf.

Latest posts

Back