Airport transportation options

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
For an upcoming trip, I was looking at rides from the airport to my hotel.

Based on online estimators for each service, the cheapest was:

(1) Yellow Cab Taxi (cheapest)
followed by
(2) Lyft ride sharing (middle)
followed by
(3) SuperShuttle (those blue vans) (most expensive)

Isn't this kind of BACKWARDS of what one would expect???

I'm not sure I trust the Yellow Cab website. They had a fare "Estimador". If their math is as bad as their spelling...

yellowcab.jpg

For an upcoming trip, I was looking at rides from the airport to my hotel.

Based on online estimators for each service, the cheapest was:

(1) Yellow Cab Taxi (cheapest)
followed by
(2) Lyft ride sharing (middle)
followed by
(3) SuperShuttle (those blue vans) (most expensive)

Isn't this kind of BACKWARDS of what one would expect???

I'm not sure I trust the Yellow Cab website. They had a fare "Estimador". If their math is as bad as their spelling...

View attachment 61210
Uber???

I stayed in a hotel that cost $95 a night, with a free airport shuttle both ways.
I definitely will call them and ask in that case. I had just assumed that a hotel that costs $67 would not supply a shuttle that costs $66 one way (which is the price quote that I got from the SuperShuttle website). I have taken shuttles in this town (Austin) before, and they were nowhere near this high in price. I guess it must be related to covid. I was thinking of just buying a new car there, and selling it four days later to save myself some money over the shuttle cost.

I use airport shuttles all the time. Some might cost you just a little. Most airport hotels that are better than a Super 8 will have one. One hint - don't expect a cheap hotel to be real prompt with the shuttle. They often take their time...

It’s been so long since I used a shuttle I can’t be of much help other than to say… beware Japanese tourist at the airport. I once had to fly from LAX to the east coast. My neighbor had a small limo service and had to be at the airport for a pickup the morning I flew. He insisted I sit in the back of his stretch limo and wait for him to open the door, so he could pass out business cards to anyone at the airport curb.

We arrive, he opens my door, I step out… There was a group of Japanese tourists on the curb. They started taking my picture, a couple wanted my autograph. They thought I was somebody famous! This was Los Angeles… I still laugh at that memory. Even funnier… someone in Japan probably still has my autograph in their scrap book… and is still wondering who the heck I was!!!
biggrin.gif

When I traveled for work, I asked for a hotel that had shuttle service to and from the airport AND the training session was at the same hotel or within reasonable walking distance. This was back before GPS, hated to get a rental car, drive like a bat keeping up with traffic on unfamiliar roads trying to find my hotel. Especially after dark.

Latest posts

Back