All about air Fryers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend just bought an air fryer yesterday. She got a great deal from Kohls' spl'. 30% off coupon plud store so she paid under $100 for a $300 appliance.
I told her about how much you,jim like yours and she said her freind loves hers is why she got one. I bet she has fried everything in the house today,lol.

She is the one I helped get on at GM in 1973. I kept going into office before work asking if he will hire her he said if it will get you out of here and stop bothering me and pulled her application up and called her. :D she retied from GM with great benefits plus buy back.
She will tell me first thing tomorrow morning all about the fryer.

Last edited:
I haven't ask my friend how she likes hers yet, she spent weekend with he family so she may not have gotten around to using it yet. She lives in north Ga and has been busy making sauce and jellies.She got all kinds of figs and blueberries from her friend who is big into cnning, and has all kinds of veggies and berries.Tells her to come get whatever dshe wants,gallons of it aat a time.
I know she can't ait to use the air fryer though. She was excited last we talked.

I'm digging up an old and dead thread here with a necropost.

We finally got an air fryer. I've been on again, off again about getting one for years. We've had a convection toaster over forever and I usually came to the conclusion that this was the same as an air fryer. Finally, enough of my friends convinced me that I should get an air fryer. I did a lot of research on types (basket vs oven style), brands and models. And excessive amount of research. Super nerd! I initially thought the oven style would be bigger, more versatile, and easier to clean. But my research turned up just the opposite conclusion on all three points.

Long story short, I bought this one: COSORI Dual Blaze™ 6.8-Quart Smart Air Fryer

A more expensive than average model at $179, but with high ratings and good reviews wherever I looked. Home Depot, of all places, had the best price we could find on it at $134 (as of Feb 10, 2023) And that price included an accessory rack, a hot pad for setting the basket on, and free shipping. Now, two days later, I can't find this model by searching the Home Depot website. I must have bought the last two. But I saved the link I ordered it from and it's still there, but now shows out of stock:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cosori-...pose-Rack-Heat-Mat-KAAPAFCSSUS0069Y/321670684
These air fryers are enroute now (one to me, one to my daughter). I also have a third one in my possession at the moment, but that will be returned (unopened) once the Home Depot ones arrive. I bought this third one from Amazon for $154 (after coupon). Then 30 minutes later my daughter found the Home Depot deal. I tried to cancel the Amazon order, but it was too late to do that (after only 30 minutes?) They said to either refuse delivery or send it back (on their dime). Seems inefficient to me, but whatever - that's they way they want to do it. So it's sitting here now waiting to be sent back, but I won't do that until after the Home Depot one actually arrives in a few days.

I am looking forward to trying out this new toy soon. The ones from Home Depot are due to arrive mid-week.

Initial use of the air fryer today. Didn't want to get adventurous yet, so just did some Tyson's breaded chicken strips to get the feel for how this thing cooks.

The chicken instructions called for a regular oven at 400 degrees for 18 minutes. I had read somewhere that a reasonable starting place for an air fryer is "drop the temp by 25 degrees and cut the time in half". So that's what I did - 375 degrees for 9 minutes. No preheat. No flipping (unneeded, since my air fryer has heating elements both top and bottom to get rid of the need to stir or flip.

Results came out perfectly. Crispy (these chicken strips are always crispy anyway) and evenly cooked on all surfaces, both top and bottom. No hints of overcooked or burnt edges.

I would call this first test a great success. Tomorrow I will maybe try some frozen, raw chicken wings to see how those come out. After that, I will probably be mostly done with prepared and frozen foods. Except for rare occasions. My real plan is to cook my own homemade food in this thing.

Pretty cool that I did this first test by loading the chicken strips into the basket, then saying, "Alexa, air fry at 375 for 9 minutes" ... and that's exactly what it did! And notified me on my phone when it was done. I didn't buy this air fryer for it's "smart" features, but it's kind of cool anyway, I have to admit. I will leave the device unplugged when not in use, so some wise ass hacker doesn't come by and say "Alexa, burn down the house with the air fryer!"

Latest posts

Back