All things Irish and Scottish...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years ago the family was in a trip into the Smokies when the kids saw one of the Cherokee Indian performer's roadside.
Naturally the kids were enthralled with the real Cherokee dressed in a plains indian feather headdress. Well ok and after the kids meet and greet I decided to hit him with some of my family history. Just as I got started he said "I bet you have some Cherokee blood in you." ( Like he had never heard that one). Nope I said not the first bit, all Scottish, Celt, and English.
Man I don't hear that much, He said.

Add to those three French, German, and Italian and a couple others and you have my pedigree. All American mutt, and proud of it all.

The difference between the Irish and the English?

A fly lands in the whisky of an Englishman, he flicks it out and drinks the whisky.

A fly lands in the whisky of an Irishman, he grabs the fly, holds it up, and yells, "Spit it out."

1/2 Norwegian and a mix of French, Irish and Sioux. I've often wondered why the Irish consider themselves lucky, you know "The luck of the Irish.", maybe it's because they are not killed by their fellow countrymen.

1/2 Norwegian and a mix of French, Irish and Sioux. I've often wondered why the Irish consider themselves lucky, you know "The luck of the Irish.", maybe it's because they are not killed by their fellow countrymen.
Because they have survived everything that's been thrown at them??

The difference between the Irish and the English?

A fly lands in the whisky of an Englishman, he flicks it out and drinks the whisky.

A fly lands in the whisky of an Irishman, he grabs the fly, holds it up, and yells, "Spit it out."

LOL!! .....I almost spit my coffee out when I read that...haaaa

I have Scots-Irish on one side and Scandinavian on the other. 5 mins in the sun without sunscreen and I'm burned lol
Hubby is 3rd generation Irish (Boyle) on his mom's side and German on his dad's

Back