Aloe

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This was something I used to have on hand always. Especially useful in the winter for medicating dry, cracked, rough hands.

I bought 2 different kinds last fall and will not be putting them in the ground. I don't think it works the greatest for burns in relieving discomfort, but aloe did seem to help with minimizing blistering.

Now the essential oil people are saying that lavender oil is a great reliever for burns. I haven't tried it.

Also, I haven't put together aloe gel or juice but it seems popular for putting into smoothies. I have drank it.
Do you use aloe?

This was something I used to have on hand always. Especially useful in the winter for medicating dry, cracked, rough hands.

I bought 2 different kinds last fall and will not be putting them in the ground. I don't think it works the greatest for burns in relieving discomfort, but aloe did seem to help with minimizing blistering.

Now the essential oil people are saying that lavender oil is a great reliever for burns. I haven't tried it.

Also, I haven't put together aloe gel or juice but it seems popular for putting into smoothies. I have drank it.
Do you use aloe?
It gets too cold here to have them in the ground outdoors. I bought a small aloe many years ago and had it get so large and it had many babies. I have subdivided it and given away many of those. Now I am back to two smaller ones. I use it for burns and other injuries. I also have some gel in a bottle for on the go.

Do you use aloe?

I use aloe a lot . But can't keep it outside unless in containers, freeze kills them. And we are in Florida.

A tip on the old hangout (from camo2460) was to take Aloe juice and freeze it in ice cube trays. If you or someone gets burned, use a cube on the burn.

I would freeze the juice and then remove the cubes from the tray and put them into a plastic zipper bag, otherwise the cubes can dry out in the freezer.

I may try aloe for cataracs if the caster oil doesn't work. My daughter is ordering me some Sky Organics Caster Oil . If that doesn't desolve the cataracts and I can still see I'm trying the aloe.

1531687434610.jpg
I got the aloe vera last friday.the oil lamp.I've had for i don't know how long.

https://www.google.com/search?oe=ut...vloc=0#scso=uid_aF9CW7LAMoq8tgXn4LaQAQ_1:1461

I have a heck of a time growing it. First my cat chews on it. So I took it out into my greenhouse for the summer. Does well but it gets over 100 in there. Then i would sit it out sid ein my garden and it would turn black. Take it in the greenhouse and it would come back to life! No way will it survive in the greenhouse for the winter. What am I missing or not doing for growing aloe properly?

That's why it's better to keep it outside during the summer,seeing how the ac will be going.and inside during the winter,seeing how the heat will be running.
Just be aware of how much water/rain it gets. They get mushy and die if they get to wet. I've killed plenty by over watering. They like to be ignored.

I have three aloe plants, all started by my daddy and he gave them to me. He passed away in 2012, so it was way before then. I can't kill them no matter how neglectful I am or have been to them. They grow well and I do use them for when I am cooking and burn myself. Now that I do not have wood cook stove I do not get burned as often, but occasionally. They work great.

Latest posts

Back