Aloha Ripple Block of the Week

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elgar

Super Friend
Neighbor
I will be participating in a BOW (block of the week) through Happy Cloud Creations. I was very happy with the one she led this past fall, plus I fell in love with this pattern. It is called Aloha Ripple. Nice and modern looking but can be made more traditional by using different fabrics. It is a nine week process beginning January 16th. You can see it here: https://happycloudcreations.com/2018/01/02/aloha-ripple-quilt-along/

Here is the schedule:
Starting January 2nd: Download Pattern – Select your fabric and post a photo!
Week 1: January 16th: Cut fabric
Week 2: January 23rd: Make the Flying Geese
Week 3: January 30th: Make the Half Square Triangles
Week 4: February 6th: Make the Center Block (1)
Week 5: February 13th: Make Corner Blocks A (2)
Week 6: February 20th: Make Corner Blocks B (2)
Week 7: February 27th: Make the Stacked Flying Geese blocks (4)
Week 8: March 6th: Assemble your Quilt Top
Week 9: March 13th: Baste, Quilt and Bind your Quilt!
You can download the free pattern in her Craftsy Shop. https://www.craftsy.com/profile/happy-cloud-creations-10986

I'll be posting my progress on this thread and if anyone wants to join with me, please come and post as well.

Here are the fabrics I've chosen. The thing I like about this quilt along is the creator shows 4 alternative colour ways to the main one. I don't want to make a really bright quilt, so I chose her blue/green/grey colour way. Then saw the black/white/red. <sigh>

I think I'll start with the blue/green and depending on time constraints will also do the b/w. In last Fall's quilt along, several folks made 3 or 4 of the quilts. Not sure I'm up to that.

Aloha fabrics.jpg

I didn't have the flash turned on so the following pic is yellowish. The red is a true red, not orangy as shown here.
Aloha b-w fabrics.jpg

Latest posts

Back