Alone Season 7

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
so far the longest anyone has went is 87 days to won show and up until now the prize has been $500,000. from the clip it seems as if they now added a twist if anyone goes 100 days they get 1million.the guy last season..jordan jonas..had it in him and gathered resources to go 100 days that i am sure.he use to live with Evenki in remote russia and i knew if he lived with them for years bar any accidents he had last season won. he became the first in shows history to bag a large game animal by killing a moose with his bow. super skilled guy and great attitude..great family man as well.

Maybe I just got a bad impression early on... I saw a couple of people on the show who shouldn't have been left alone anywhere, not even in their own home during a quarantine. They didn't have the mental chops for real solitude. I never watched the show after that, thought it a waste of my time. Perhaps I should give it another view.

the cast for this season has been posted. click on each individual to see a short bio. i cant wait to see what each contestant chose for their 10 items to take with them.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast

I believe this is the guy who won the first season. I think he has a You Tube channel. No sure, but I have seen him contribute on other You Tube channels. I have watched the show off and on.

I also have enjoyed that show. It seems the mental anguish from being truly alone is far worse than any physical or starvation issues.
It's not as bad as you think.
It's actually liberating.
You can focus for days on just the things in front of you and the things in your hands.
All of the crap in today's world slowly leak out into a small puddle at your feet.
You probably should have spent more than 6 hours at a time hunting alone.

The reason for the high failure rate is that people are naturally social animals. Remove that for an extended time, and your mind will play tricks. Not saying some are able to accomplish this, but how many in here have been isolated with minimal tools and no shelter, being in an area they are not familiar with, and not knowing what or how to hunt for the food in the area?

being in an area they are not familiar with, and not knowing what or how to hunt for the food in the area?

Even the Native Americans fell prey to this when they were moved to reservations. They are among the best survivors of all time, but when they were removed from their element they struggled. They did not know any of the flora or fauna. They did not know which plants could be used for medicines. Climates were drastically different.

shawn is on this season of alone. they have modified the list of items you can take and he was allowed to take his settlers wrench he invented. cant wait to see what he does with it and hope they show case its use in edited shows. very interesting tool..its basically a modified scotch eyed auger with a sharp edged peg maker. check it out.

that's a pretty cool tool. I liked it before it was over and surprised to see what he did with the handle end of the tool. I don't usually watch these shows, I don't have cable for tv or whatever. Lots of videos on youtube to catch tho. nice, @elkhound !

Back