Alone Season 8

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great........now I am in love with Michelle.

Last edited:
last contestants 10 items.what she calls an axe is a hatchet to me.

I'm just starting the show. This'll be the first time I actually watch the show. I had only ever heard of it and seen a couple of podcasts with people who had been in previous seasons.
Plus a YouTuber I follow and his wife were in season 4 apparently. So I thought I'd give it a go.

I already saw one spoiler, but it's okay :p I don't mind them. What's more interesting is seeing how it all unfolds to get there.

Edit. The people I'd seen in podcasts were from Life Below Zero, not Alone.

Last edited:
So far....Colter is my favorite...

Not my favorite to win mind you...still haven't decided that. But he is the one I would most like to hang out with. His skillset seems closest to my own. A little more DYI whatever you need than bushcrafter.

Really liking the direction this show is going...AWAY from freaking Vancouver island for one and to places not so mind numbingly boring.

So what is the criteria for the ten items. I have not watched all of these, but of the few I have watched, I would sure choose one or two from each contestants selections.

Also in the past (I have never seen any shows) have the females ever won or made it into the second half.......???

So what is the criteria for the ten items. I have not watched all of these, but of the few I have watched, I would sure choose one or two from each contestants selections.

Also in the past (I have never seen any shows) have the females ever won or made it into the second half.......???

heres the list for this season...no duplicate items and only take 2 food rations from food section if you choose food rations as item/s.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/articles/gear-list

So far....Colter is my favorite...

Not my favorite to win mind you...still haven't decided that. But he is the one I would most like to hang out with. His skillset seems closest to my own. A little more DYI whatever you need than bushcrafter.

Really liking the direction this show is going...AWAY from freaking Vancouver island for one and to places not so mind numbingly boring.

i like the man...pulling for him for the win.

clay might be the winner.hes highly skilled with the bow and hunting...hes is not experience as roland welker of last year. but still far more than most.

its anyones game really...a few bad moves..plus just cause you get a big game kill or fish harvest...you gotta keep it...in this place is going to be a challenge with all the grizz bar. this aint a wolverine you can kill with hatchet on a raid ! they going to need a true cache up on posts and enclosed this year. out of reach of grizz and from climbing and flying critters.

jordan and roland have set the bar pretty dang high for future seasons of alone. they are going to be hard acts to follow !

Well.........in that very brief clip........I was far from impressed with Rose. I got the feeling she is way out of her comfort zone.

no woman has won so far. but theres been some super tough women on the show and been 2nd place several times now. its only a matter of time before a woman wins. i wouldnt mind seeing an all female alone show to see 10 women battle it out.

i would like to see a woman get a big game kill so we can see her pack it out. now dont get me wrong i know women that kill and can pack meat. its just i would like to see it on this show so the entire world can see such goings on. the lady from u.k. dr.kemper..well she was packing a log on her shoulder over 100#...i would like to see her pack a deer,moose,elk etc. this season.she grew up in wyoming before moving across the pond as adult.there others can do it as well. i just seen kemper being a machine already on show. hope she gets calories and doesnt blow through her body reserves to fast.

Can they have any weight pull bow.....or is that restricted........???

Can they have any weight pull bow.....or is that restricted........???

whatever is lawful as far as we know.

edit...rose owns a sporting goods store and she is working on killing all 29 big game north american animals with a bow.

michelle lived with some natives in alaska for 4 years.

What do they get paid even if they only last a week or two........??? What is the super prize this year....???

whatever is lawful as far as we know.

edit...rose owns a sporting goods store and she is working on killing all 29 big game north american animals with a bow.

michelle lived with some natives in alaska for 4 years.

I wonder what the minimum weight pull is in BC for big game........??? I can't imagine less then 50 Pounds.

Last edited:
What do they get paid even if they only last a week or two........??? What is the super prize this year....???

no one has ever answered the first question...the second question is $500,000.

last year it was 1milllion to anyone who went 100 days...if more than 1 person went to the 100 day mark they split it. roland welker alaskan guide won it last year. hes the 100 day king. 2nd place was callie russel at 89 days and they pulled her over health issues. she was starved to nothing and frozen toes as well. she was tough as a pine knot.

Last edited:
@Sourdough from the list of items tell us what 10 items you would take?

Last edited:
When do they go into the wilderness.........??? Or is that fully finished, and just waiting for the film to be released.

When do they go into the wilderness.........??? Or is that fully finished, and just waiting for the film to be released.

in the fall..usually its in october for drop off time. there might been a season started a few days into sept..but mostly oct something..each is different. yes..this was filnmed last fall/winter and all edited for show. they are casting for season 9 currently.

they had it on vacouver island,in artic in nwt.mongolia and patagonia. now here in b.c. again at chilko lake.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the answers/help........appreciated.

Sorry, very late to this thread and I haven’t ever watched a complete Alone show.

Where in the Arctic will these people be dropped off, and what elevation? Looking through the posts and some of the links didn‘t really indicate anything other than Arctic. From Elkhounds post I take it that this was filmed last fall/winter?

Sorry, very late to this thread and I haven’t ever watched a complete Alone show.

Where in the Arctic will these people be dropped off, and what elevation? Looking through the posts and some of the links didn‘t really indicate anything other than Arctic. From Elkhounds post I take it that this was filmed last fall/winter?

past 2 season was at great slave lake.its just below artic circle in nwt.

this year it was filmed in chilko lake b.c. it happens in fall and show is aired the next summer.

they are currently casting for season 9 to drop them off this fall.no idea where.they keep a tight lip on all their doings.

past 2 season was at great slave lake.its just below artic circle in nwt.

this year it was filmed in chilko lake b.c. it happens in fall and show is aired the next summer.

they are currently casting for season 9 to drop them off this fall.no idea where.they keep a tight lip on all their doings.

Thanks

I wonder why they are advertising that season 8 was in the arctic? I just duckduckgo’d the lake and it is perhaps 1,000 miles south of the arctic.

Latest posts

Back