Alone Season 8

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Alone season 8 discussion thread...it will be on june 3rd...history channel just put up the first teaser trailers...3 of them. you do need to turn off add blocker for them to play but i didnt see any ads sooo. @NevadaBlue

Alone Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY

Alone season 8 discussion thread...it will be on june 3rd...history channel just put up the first teaser trailers...3 of them. you do need to turn off add blocker for them to play but i didnt see any ads sooo. @NevadaBlue

Alone Full Episodes, Video & More | HISTORY

I bet it would be good in different times but right now I'm ALONE enough in real life,lol. So I try to watch less realistic movies.

some times we get old episodes here, I was watching Ed Stafford the other day.
they are okay for entertainment but I'm not basing my survival on any reality show.

list of new cast is up now.the interesting thing is 2 people this season didnt bring ferro rod. before this in 7 seasons only 1 person ever chose not to bring a ferro rod.

https://www.history.com/shows/alone/cast

Last edited:
I’ll take toothpaste, a wash cloth, a towel, a bar of soap, dental floss, razor and comb, shower soap and a pocket knife and a block of salt. Don’t need fire, or a sleeping bag, I’ll sleep in a pile of leaves. :p shelter will be the hide of the moose I stab.

you just want to leave a pretty smelling good looking pile out the rear end of a grizz bear dont you...roflmao.

here lies blue killed by a bar but he looked good going in and coming out...lol

season starts tonight..9.30eastern time.

If it were me I believe I’d take
1 leatherman
2 fixed blade knife
3 para cord
4 ferro rod
5 ax
6 saw
7 snare wire
8 fishing line and hooks
9 bow and arrows
10 sleeping bag

I have run threw the list 100 times and this is what I’ve came up with

I agree except for the bow.....historically, hardly anyone has actually done anything with the bow. IF it pays off, it can really pay off, but it seems risky. I would replace it with a tarp.

Lol...actually the more I think about it, the more changes I would make. I don't see the need for both leatherman and knife, or both saw, and axe. I would take leatherman, and saw.

Last edited:
Well I’m all about “back up” you break a blade on the leatherman you have a sturdy fixed blade you could still skin/process game. And ya gotta have an ax to split fire wood And I’m pretty sure they give two tarps along with many different cloths

Well, I've lived with bears in my backyard my whole life so pretty much don't have much fear of them. Leatherman has at least two blades on it, but yeah, you certainly would have to be careful....I mean redundancy is really nice...but....since its a trade off....I dunno. I need to look at the whole list for awhile, which I haven't done since last year.

We’ve got bear here to. No fear here. But hey ya never know I’ve been known to blowfish too there’s lots of options and like you said trade offs. Now that you mentioned it my leatherman does have two blades I do t care for the full serrated blade Wonder how hard it’d be to swap it for a straight edge

@Bluetick21 my leatherman has a rapala fillet blade in it along with the original blades. plus a hacksaw blade. i modified mine. i recently got a few small 'tools' to really modify a second one.

@Bluetick21 my leatherman has a rapala fillet blade in it along with the original blades. plus a hacksaw blade. i modified mine. i recently got a few small 'tools' to really modify a second one.
Really? I’ve carried mine for the past ten years recently just bought a new surge Where did you find the extra blades and tools??

I don't have tv capabilities, but out of curiosity I looked up the location they are at for season 8. Surprised the heck out of me.

Chilko Lake is only 150 km from where I live now, and even closer to where I grew up. Our neighbors ran a pack train through there, back in the day. There is a dirt road in there and a resort.

Dad and the neighbors went hunting hunting there. My sister owns a hunting lodge at another lake in the area.

Latest posts

Back